Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 202
Registered: ‎11-04-2012
0

Re: Too Soon for AMEX BCE?

I was approved for the regular blue cash and then upgraded to the BCE an hour after activating it. So if you think the BCE will be harder to get, go for the blue. 

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 393
Registered: ‎05-23-2012
0

Re: Too Soon for AMEX BCE?

I would apply for the PRG and the BCP at the same time.  I think you're a shoe-in for the PRG, and it will most likely be one HP for both.  It was for me when I first applied.  The BCP has 6% back on groceries, so I'd recommend that over the BCE.  You'll easily make the 75 dollar fee back and probably quite a bit more.  Good luck!

Established Member
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎03-18-2012
0

Re: Too Soon for AMEX BCE?

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I am going to definitely go for either the BCE or BCP. Is the likelihood of getting approved the same on both cards? My next statement cuts on the 18th but I am not sure I can wait that long just to drop me utility if the effect will be negligible. 

 

As far as the PRG, I am not sure I would use it since the rewards seem to overlap quite a bit and the AF is not something I think I could recoup. Is the reason that people apply for both at the same time so that at least they come out of it with one card and it isn't another HP? Is there any other benefit to me getting both cards at the same time that I may be overlooking? 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,115
Registered: ‎10-31-2011
0

Re: Too Soon for AMEX BCE?

Seems like you have a great chance at approval

ccpics2.jpg
Valued Member
Posts: 43
Registered: ‎09-09-2012
0

Re: Too Soon for AMEX BCE?

Your stats seem to be similar to others that have been approved. Don't be surprised if they start you with a low limit.

Established Member
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎03-18-2012
0

Re: Too Soon for AMEX BCE?

I decided to go ahead and apply for the BCP. I figure I don't have anything to lose. Unfortunately the fact that I moved in the last 30 days complicates things. I am in the process of figuring out address verification. I will update again with the decision.

Established Member
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎03-18-2012
0

Re: Too Soon for AMEX BCE?

So I still haven't gotten my address verification settled. The CSR told me the quickest way to get my address verified was to give him the name of my bank and my debit card number. I wasn't really comfortable with that so he said the only other way to go about it is to fax proof of address. Anyone know how long this takes after I send the fax?

 

Is it a good sign that they are asking for this information or has the decision still not been made?  In hindsight, I should have just applied under my old address and then, if approved, gotten the card over Thanksgiving. 

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 260
Registered: ‎11-10-2011
0

Re: Too Soon for AMEX BCE?


mmt wrote:

So I still haven't gotten my address verification settled. The CSR told me the quickest way to get my address verified was to give him the name of my bank and my debit card number. I wasn't really comfortable with that so he said the only other way to go about it is to fax proof of address. Anyone know how long this takes after I send the fax?

 

Is it a good sign that they are asking for this information or has the decision still not been made?  In hindsight, I should have just applied under my old address and then, if approved, gotten the card over Thanksgiving. 


Why not give them the bank info? You're going to be doing that if approved another way anyway...


Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 560
Registered: ‎09-29-2012
0

Re: Too Soon for AMEX BCE?


Jake0215 wrote:

mmt wrote:

So I still haven't gotten my address verification settled. The CSR told me the quickest way to get my address verified was to give him the name of my bank and my debit card number. I wasn't really comfortable with that so he said the only other way to go about it is to fax proof of address. Anyone know how long this takes after I send the fax?

 

Is it a good sign that they are asking for this information or has the decision still not been made?  In hindsight, I should have just applied under my old address and then, if approved, gotten the card over Thanksgiving. 


Why not give them the bank info? You're going to be doing that if approved another way anyway...


Well the CSR told him the Debit Card Number.  Not the Bank Account Number.  I'd be worried too if someone asked me for my debit card number.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 260
Registered: ‎11-10-2011
0

Re: Too Soon for AMEX BCE?


ccnewcc wrote:

Jake0215 wrote:

mmt wrote:

So I still haven't gotten my address verification settled. The CSR told me the quickest way to get my address verified was to give him the name of my bank and my debit card number. I wasn't really comfortable with that so he said the only other way to go about it is to fax proof of address. Anyone know how long this takes after I send the fax?

 

Is it a good sign that they are asking for this information or has the decision still not been made?  In hindsight, I should have just applied under my old address and then, if approved, gotten the card over Thanksgiving. 


Why not give them the bank info? You're going to be doing that if approved another way anyway...


Well the CSR told him the Debit Card Number.  Not the Bank Account Number.  I'd be worried too if someone asked me for my debit card number.


I guess you're right, but I still don't think I'd be that worried.


Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.