Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too Soon for AMEX BCE?

tag
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

Re: Too Soon for AMEX BCE?

I was approved for the regular blue cash and then upgraded to the BCE an hour after activating it. So if you think the BCE will be harder to get, go for the blue. 

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 11 of 27
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

I would apply for the PRG and the BCP at the same time.  I think you're a shoe-in for the PRG, and it will most likely be one HP for both.  It was for me when I first applied.  The BCP has 6% back on groceries, so I'd recommend that over the BCE.  You'll easily make the 75 dollar fee back and probably quite a bit more.  Good luck!

Message 12 of 27
mmt
Established Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I am going to definitely go for either the BCE or BCP. Is the likelihood of getting approved the same on both cards? My next statement cuts on the 18th but I am not sure I can wait that long just to drop me utility if the effect will be negligible. 

As far as the PRG, I am not sure I would use it since the rewards seem to overlap quite a bit and the AF is not something I think I could recoup. Is the reason that people apply for both at the same time so that at least they come out of it with one card and it isn't another HP? Is there any other benefit to me getting both cards at the same time that I may be overlooking? 

Message 13 of 27
beb86
Valued Contributor

Seems like you have a great chance at approval

Message 14 of 27
Yankeefan
Valued Member

Your stats seem to be similar to others that have been approved. Don't be surprised if they start you with a low limit.

Message 15 of 27
mmt
Established Member

I decided to go ahead and apply for the BCP. I figure I don't have anything to lose. Unfortunately the fact that I moved in the last 30 days complicates things. I am in the process of figuring out address verification. I will update again with the decision.

Message 16 of 27
mmt
Established Member

So I still haven't gotten my address verification settled. The CSR told me the quickest way to get my address verified was to give him the name of my bank and my debit card number. I wasn't really comfortable with that so he said the only other way to go about it is to fax proof of address. Anyone know how long this takes after I send the fax?

Is it a good sign that they are asking for this information or has the decision still not been made?  In hindsight, I should have just applied under my old address and then, if approved, gotten the card over Thanksgiving. 

Message 17 of 27
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@mmt wrote:

So I still haven't gotten my address verification settled. The CSR told me the quickest way to get my address verified was to give him the name of my bank and my debit card number. I wasn't really comfortable with that so he said the only other way to go about it is to fax proof of address. Anyone know how long this takes after I send the fax?

Is it a good sign that they are asking for this information or has the decision still not been made?  In hindsight, I should have just applied under my old address and then, if approved, gotten the card over Thanksgiving. 

Why not give them the bank info? You're going to be doing that if approved another way anyway...

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 27
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@Jake0215 wrote:

@mmt wrote:

Why not give them the bank info? You're going to be doing that if approved another way anyway...

Well the CSR told him the Debit Card Number.  Not the Bank Account Number.  I'd be worried too if someone asked me for my debit card number.

Message 19 of 27
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@ccnewcc wrote:

@Jake0215 wrote:

@mmt wrote:

Well the CSR told him the Debit Card Number.  Not the Bank Account Number.  I'd be worried too if someone asked me for my debit card number.

I guess you're right, but I still don't think I'd be that worried.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.