Established Member
sambam94

Too high CL as AU?

I have my 18 year old son as an AU on 5 of my cards to establish come credit. The total is about $100k.

He has been able to get approved recently for Chase Freedom($2.5k) and AMEX BCE($2k) and USAA($500). At this point, should I take him off as an AU on all my cards?..Will this hurt is score by

decreasing his AAoA?  Will having a high CL as an AU on my cards limit his ability for future cards or CLI on his cards?  He is an AU user on my AMEX BCP, is there any reason to keep him as AU since he know has his on AMEX card?

What would you recommend??

Super Contributor
enharu

Re: Too high CL as AU?

Just keep him on it. It won't harm you or him in any way as long as he doesn't go on a spending spree with your cards :smileytongue:
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Established Member
sambam94

any more opinions??

New Contributor
fdiggy

If the cards have decent lines the utilization would be helping his score.

Starting Score: 701
Current Score: EX-FICO701 EQ-FICO644 TU-FICO724 all lender pulls April 2nd 2013
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+