Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too late now but...

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Too late now but...

@Rso All my cards are still In tiny pieces in the shredder box......I miss them yet understand im on a mission and they stay gone until Its complete

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

How are you going to consolidate debt? Balance transfers? I would do a simple cost/benefit analysis, taking into account balance transfer fees and interest savings, to see if the move will be profitable. If it does not cost anything to consolidate, by all means go for it! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 18
pakman92
Established Contributor

@MzKoli wrote:

How bad of an idea was it for me to consolidate all my CC debt onto 1 card?

My Util is now currently 59% on that one card and 13% overall

My rationale was 1 payment, 0% APR til 5/14/14 and it would lower my overall minimum monthly payment ( for DTI purposes).

My scores were 747 and 762 previous to this move...

This is a great move for the reasons others have articulated.  ALSO, this will not hurt your score IMHO.  Your overall util is still the same and now you have fewer (only 1) card reporting a balance.  If anything, it may bump up your score a bit. YMMV.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 13 of 18
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@pakman92 wrote:

@MzKoli wrote:

My rationale was 1 payment, 0% APR til 5/14/14 and it would lower my overall minimum monthly payment ( for DTI purposes).

This is a great move for the reasons others have articulated.  ALSO, this will not hurt your score IMHO.  Your overall util is still the same and now you have fewer (only 1) card reporting a balance.  If anything, it may bump up your score a bit. YMMV.

I echo these thoughts.

Message 14 of 18
RSCo
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
@Rso All my cards are still In tiny pieces in the shredder box......I miss them yet understand im on a mission and they stay gone until Its complete

I hear ya...  I did the same thing once and I became so distraught and anxiety ridden every time I would walk past the table I had them all gathered on... I finally called and had new ones issued because I was fearful something would come up and I would need them in an emergency..  lol   Smiley Happy  Hang in there bro..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 15 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

@pakman92 wrote:

@MzKoli wrote:

Utilization on each card also matters. The FICO scores will probably go down a few points, but of course this would be a very short-term effect Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 18
MzKoli
Contributor

Thanks everyone for the reassurance. I plan to throw all my extra cash at it and hopefully have it at 30% in 3 months then pay it off in full by the end of the year...
Message 17 of 18
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@MzKoli wrote:

That good deal 0% for over a year saves a lot of money.   !3% utilization is still a very low number.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.