Did you mean: 

(Too many) Credit Cards ??

tag
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Re: (Too many) Credit Cards ??

@Anonymous wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

Honestly, I cant see myself ever carrying more than 5 or 6 cards. I just dont have the wallet space lol. 

Wallets are cheap. Buy a bigger one.

Oh god no!! I'm a minimalist. Small cell phones, small wallet. If I cant fit it in my pants pocket or coat pocket without the bulge and weigh down...forget it,

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jawbrkr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

Honestly, I cant see myself ever carrying more than 5 or 6 cards. I just dont have the wallet space lol. 

Oh god no!! I'm a minimalist. Small cell phones, small wallet. If I cant fit it in my pants pocket or coat pocket without the bulge and weigh down...forget it,

you know you want one of these wallet for all your credit card needs Smiley LOL

Message 22 of 29
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I recently got a bigger wallet. Not that big mind you but it is wider than my last one. Sometimes it is a pain to get it out of the pocket. I'm ready to downsize again.
Message 24 of 29
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

I could use one of those!!! LOL

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Theoretically you really only need three cards for optimum credit.  I choose to carry 3 right now, and will keep it around 3-5 as I acquire more.  

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jawbrkr wrote:

So I have this question. I see that many people in these forums carry a lot of credit cards. I have seen people say they carry as many as 60 (Perhaps an exaggeration). My question is, do people really use them all? I mean, at what point does a credit card company say this guy is not using such and such card so we need to close the account if a card is not being used? 

It's not an exageration...I believe that dude Ron probably has 100 cards.

As for using them, nah most people don't use 'em all.  Just enough to keep them active.  Getting un-used accounts auto-closed doesn't really depend on the number of cards one has. It has more to do with whether or not you use the damn thing.  If you let a card sit around for a year without using it, good chances you might get closed out.

For cards I care about like Lowes, I'll run out and buy something small once or twice a year.  For cards I don't care about, just let them close themselves...the longer it stays active, the better. 

Closed accounts are good for your credit history too Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no idea how one could keep up with over ten cards. Sounds like work..  I prefer simple, well somewhat simple.

Fidelity AMEX 2% for everything except gas and groceries

Sallie Mae for 5% gas and groceries

USAA MC 1.25% for vendors who don't take AMEX.. I could get a 1.5 or even a Citi Cash at 2%, but it is a back up for Amex, so not sure worth it.

Amalgamated for low interest. This one is a secured card.

Message 28 of 29
EdMan63
Established Contributor

I currently have 3 bank and 1 store card. Only plan to add 2 more bank cards ( CSP and Discover). I don't really see the need for any more than that but things do change. I really don't understand having more than 10 for sure but to  each his own. 

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.