Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many accounts recently opened

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too many accounts recently opened

When you get this denial reason for credit cards how long should you wait before reapplying?

This is the only denial reason but previous denials from the same company listed charges offs and lates on previous denials.
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Too many accounts recently opened

I would personally say at least 6 months. I've opened quite a few in the last few months andplan to garden at least a year. 

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

What company was it? How many new accounts did you open? Because if it's chase and you are over the 5/24 rule then it's two years assuming you don't add new credit to it. Then cap one now has a 1/6 month rule.
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

if that is the denial reason then give it a few months before applying for any card.  How many new accounts do you have?

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

All the ones in my signature I got in Aug-Oct. 11 total
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was it chase who you had tried for?
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony I tried to get sams and old navy.
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least 3-6 months. I think 1 year is better.
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd wait a year. This is a lot of cards in a short time span. You mentioned in another thread that you were having trouble getting cards because you have a lot of small limits. You have plenty to work with in regards to building credit. I'd give it a year and see where you're at. Easier said than done though, I know. I've been waiting to app for the discover it miles card for a while. Trying to hold off til my 3 or currently 4 cards hit the one year mark. When I see people applying for so many cards at once like this, makes me think I should just apply, but still waiting. According to some recent threads you may want to be careful of apping too much with sync too.

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really do need to stop apping. I just wanted to get those two first. It's so addicting. I had a few collections drop off and went crazy. I haven't had a credit card since I was 17 and it is becoming a addiction to app. If I put a freeze on CR can it still be pulled for cli's?

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.