Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many apps

tag
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Too many apps

So many applications this year...i have 11 on each report... i finally stopped cause of so many denials and a few approvals... Should i expect my scores to bounce back in a year???  Wanna garden until 6/2014..but is that even possible... So hard to not apply i feel like an app addict 

Smiley Sad

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

Re: Too many apps

I too feel your pain!!!! Smiley Sad

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 2 of 14
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 3 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Inactivity is sometimes the hardest thing to accomplish. Feel free to join the garden club for some anti itch cream. At this point you already know that apping is counterproductive to your real goals.... the next step is to try to change your behavior to one of strategy instead of impulse. Good luck and I hope to see you in the garden!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Credit314 wrote:

+1

Credit314 do you mind elaborating on your experiences? Detailed and constructive posts containing your experiences and thoughts are always helpful to others who may be going through the same thing! Thanks in advance for your additional input!
FICO 9:

Message 5 of 14
kobe2012
Established Contributor

How do you guys do it??? i had no credit for 6 yrs cause i ruined my credit then, i didnt care until i almost all the negs starting fallin off... Got approed for a few cards finally and now its so hard to stop applying

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 6 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@kobe2012 wrote:

How do you guys do it??? i had no credit for 6 yrs cause i ruined my credit then, i didnt care until i almost all the negs starting fallin off... Got approed for a few cards finally and now its so hard to stop applying

The way I stopped was with a reality check from my dear hubby. I was asking him about applying for a business amex and he looked at me and said; "honey you have one credit card with a 20 thousand dollar limit; and one with no pre set limit.... what in the world do you need more for?" At that point I was done with cards. Thanks to my husband who is my rock and keeps me grounded in reality.
FICO 9:

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kobe2012 wrote:

What I don't get is how people that read these forums are able to garden. Reading about everyones approval and success stories just give me urges.

Message 8 of 14
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

One thing I did to avoid the app itch was to do some research on what your next move is. I took this list: http://www.indexcreditcards.com/creditcardlist.html and started doing some research about each card offered, if I felt that it might help me in the future, I cut and pasted the url into a word document. I made it like a scavenger hunt to find out what cards I might be eligeable for and thinking when I might app for each. I plotted out a 6 month strategy, a 1 year strategy and a 2 year strategy. For me all my CO's will drop in about 24 months so apping after that time fram would work. Try it, it helps.

Message 9 of 14
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@obageegee wrote:

One thing I did to avoid the app itch was to do some research on what your next move is. I took this list: http://www.indexcreditcards.com/creditcardlist.html and started doing some research about each card offered, if I felt that it might help me in the future, I cut and pasted the url into a word document. I made it like a scavenger hunt to find out what cards I might be eligeable for and thinking when I might app for each. I plotted out a 6 month strategy, a 1 year strategy and a 2 year strategy. For me all my CO's will drop in about 24 months so apping after that time fram would work. Try it, it helps.

+1 for the strategy.

That's what I ask myself when researching cards.  How will it help me?  What will it do for me?  Will I be better off apping for this card or will I have buyer's remorse?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.