Did you mean: 

Too many cards with one company?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Too many cards with one company?

lol, no, DXH = dear ex-husband.

I voted with my feet. Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 31 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

In the interests of accuracy, please change DXH to FXH.  Smiley Wink

Message 32 of 48
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, he's still dear. He's the father of my children. He's just dear ex. Smiley Wink

(We did pull off what was probably the most cordial and civilized divorce on record, at least among anyone we know.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 33 of 48
burgh
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@burgh wrote:

UPDATE: I called again today and spoke with a manager. He told me the same thing, which is that they can't change it because it has a higher APR. The fact that I am requesting the change supposedly doesn't matter. He also said that there isn't any way to raise my APR because that is also against the law. Any other ideas? I think I am going to accept defeat and just apply for the card. 

Write a letter to the Citigroup CEO.  Make it nice.  They will respond and, if at all possible, try and do the right thing.

Good advice, but unfortunately I got impatient and applied haha. Got approved with a $7300 CL (almost as much as the forward and mtvU combined), so I'm pretty happy about it. Time to rack up the points!

Also, I like the random turn this thread has taken hahaha.

Message 34 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@burgh wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@burgh wrote:

UPDATE: I called again today and spoke with a manager. He told me the same thing, which is that they can't change it because it has a higher APR. The fact that I am requesting the change supposedly doesn't matter. He also said that there isn't any way to raise my APR because that is also against the law. Any other ideas? I think I am going to accept defeat and just apply for the card. 

Write a letter to the Citigroup CEO.  Make it nice.  They will respond and, if at all possible, try and do the right thing.

Good advice, but unfortunately I got impatient and applied haha. Got approved with a $7300 CL (almost as much as the forward and mtvU combined), so I'm pretty happy about it. Time to rack up the points!

Congratulations!  And who says patience is a virtue?  Smiley Happy

You know what would be ironic -- you combining your MTV CL with that of your new card and then nuking the MTV card.  That would accomplish what all along Citibank said was impossible to do. 

Message 35 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, he's still dear. He's the father of my children. He's just dear ex. Smiley Wink

(We did pull off what was probably the most cordial and civilized divorce on record, at least among anyone we know.)

And also congratulations on what is normally a rare accomplishment -- an exception to the rule! You are very lucky.

The buzzword in family law these days is "collaborative" divorce.  Nine point nine times out of ten it's a joke -- just a scam to increase legal fees.  With the idea of saving on overall legal fees, I've seen mostly Academy Award performances by parties to a collaborative divorce. 

Message 36 of 48
burgh
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@burgh wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@burgh wrote:

You know what would be ironic -- you combining your MTV CL with that of your new card and then nuking the MTV card.  That would accomplish what all along Citibank said was impossible to do. 

I don't really know how to do that or what it entails, but it sounds awesome haha. Can you provide further details?

Message 37 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@burgh wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@burgh wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@burgh wrote:

I don't really know how to do that or what it entails, but it sounds awesome haha. Can you provide further details?

I'm not sure of Citibank's policy, but with many banks you can ask them to transfer your creditlimit on card A to card B.

Message 38 of 48
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@burgh wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@burgh wrote:

Well, you definitely have patience with your thread being jacked, at any rate! Smiley Very Happy

Anyway, O6 has a good idea about transferring the CL to the new card. Generally what you'll find is that the CCC will require that you keep $500 or $1000 of the limit on the original card, and the rest can be applied to the other card.

Other than your AAoA dropping from the new card, this actually works out pretty well for you, because you've picked up an addition TL (tradeline; credit account that reports), and that will continue to add clean history to your credit profile. You can put your Netflix subscription or something on the original card and stick it in a drawer.

Message 39 of 48
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Seriously people?! 

2 open accounts with the same creditor and nothing else is simply insane!

Diversification is key to Credit and life in general. 

Keep your oldest account and go hunting for a product at a different institution to hedge your bets that Citi won't close your accounts down the road and leave you with a $0 limit and no where to turn.

Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.