02-02-2010 12:16 PM
I am confused as to why the number of credit accounts I have listed (32) is hurting my score. I have had credit for over 30 years so naturally along the way I have opened and subsequently closed (years ago) many accounts that I no longer use and currently only have 4 accounts opened. The closed accounts are listed as closed in the discription, yet they are being factored into my score as a negative factor as "too many accounts". Does anyone know how to get this corrected or when will these fall off? Thanks!
02-02-2010 12:19 PM
02-02-2010 12:25 PM
Can you tell us:
1. The age of your oldest reported account (open or closed)?
2. Your AAoA?
3. Your total CL's (revolving)?
4. Your total revolving balances?
5. Any derogs? (lates, collections, liens, judgements, bk, etc)
6. Age of newest account?
7. Number of inquiries in past 12 months?
Have you tried running the FICO Estimator? You can plug various scenarios and see a score range prediction. It works fairly well. There is a link in my sig line.
02-02-2010 12:38 PM
thanks, I haven't tried the estimator yet, which I will do next
1. The age of your oldest reported account (open or closed)? = 28 y, 8 mo
2. Your AAoA? = 8 yrs
3. Your total CL's (revolving)? 60,000 (includes Heloc which is closed)
4. Your total revolving balances? 10,037 includes Heloc
5. Any derogs? (lates, collections, liens, judgements, bk, etc) - 1 account reported in 2003
6. Age of newest account? 2006
7. Number of inquiries in past 12 months? 2
02-02-2010 12:45 PM
02-02-2010 06:00 PM
02-03-2010 08:23 AM
Even tho I'm not in that group yet, I recall reading about this. They feel like they have to put something on the red side of the scale, so the only neg they can possibly think of is "too many accts"
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.