Did you mean: 

Too many inqs

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Too many inqs

@djc1puno wrote:
Fellas,

Got a friend who went on an app spree and he wanted to recon his csp denial. He can pretty much explain everything thing else in his reports except for his many inqs...around 12-15 the past year. What do you guys usually say when trying to recon and get asked about your new inqs and accounts? Thanks for the advice! Smiley Happy

really depends on his profile.

If inquiries are the ONLY problem on his CR, with everything else looking good (low utilization, no derogs, etc), then it's usually not that hard to explain, especially for Chase. My advice is to be honest and straightforward about the reason behind all those inquiries, unless he was churning cards or doing manufactured spending like some madman. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 26
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

STOP APPING FOR SIX MONTHS. That will solve the prob.
Most inqs Ive ever had is 11 in two years.
This is one things lenders will not forgive a lot of times,esp since inqs leads to new accounts and more potential debt. Barclay's is esp stupid with inquiry hate.

Ive never been one for "app sprees" for this reason. Super risky behvaior.

I do love sign up bonuses and free stuff. I guess lenders don't like you to fall for their sign up bonuses and cheap credit too much lol...
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 26
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I just say that I was applying for offers that were sent to me or asking for an increase, and it's true. Experian at this point has 28 inquiries(14 this year) and really don't get asked about them. PNC didn't say anything when I spoke to the analyst for an increase, American Express instantly approved for 12,000 after I gave the PIN, First National Bank of Omaha gave a 5000 increase(soft), and Citi recently approved a business card for 7000 (other cards I have with them may be the reason for the low limit) without me having to speak with anyone. I only have a three year history, but I have 1-5% utilisation at all times and a perfect payment history.

I reckon if everything on the report is fine then you won't have a problem when it comes to inquiries, as long as you can speak with a human.

Message 13 of 26
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

12-15 inq? I guess I was worrying for nothing with my 6 inquiries lol. I guess if he has a good reason--mortgage, auto loan etc.--but otherwise I agree with those who said he should wait a few months to get new credit. 

Message 14 of 26
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Thanks guys! I will relay the info Smiley Happy and he already burned the inq so he is just getting some input on his recon Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 15 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@djc1puno wrote:
Thanks guys! I will relay the info Smiley Happy and he already burned the inq so he is just getting some input on his recon Smiley Wink

Best of luck on his efforts.  Let us know how it turns out for sure!

Message 16 of 26
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

will do, Fin Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 17 of 26
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

I think I got EVERYONE beat in inquiries!! 72 inquiries!! BUT half of them are falling off soon or latest end of this year. I went on a extremely stupid app spree. Even with this many inquiries, I just got approved for the Barclay Rewards Mastercard!! I didn't believe it!! Even though it' only a $500 cl but getting approve for Barclay is hard even specially with this many inquiries. Also got approve for BOA secured, and Firestone cc with $1200 cl. So inquiries is important but not as important as your profile and payment history.

Message 18 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

72???

LOL

Message 19 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Give_Me_Credit_Please wrote:

I think I got EVERYONE beat in inquiries!! 72 inquiries!! BUT half of them are falling off soon or latest end of this year. I went on a extremely stupid app spree. Even with this many inquiries, I just got approved for the Barclay Rewards Mastercard!! I didn't believe it!! Even though it' only a $500 cl but getting approve for Barclay is hard even specially with this many inquiries. Also got approve for BOA secured, and Firestone cc with $1200 cl. So inquiries is important but not as important as your profile and payment history.

72 makes you second best around here 

Top person has 82+Smiley Surprised

Last week I saw him app again so it could be 90 now 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.