Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too much credit with NFCU?

tag
Joesh
New Contributor

Re: Too much credit with NFCU?

If this card worth getting? Do they give you really high credit limits?

AMEX BCP : $30K | Citi Forward : $15K | Citi Dividend : $14K | BoA Travel Rewards : 7K | NFL Cash Rewards : $6K | Chase Freedom : $10K | Discover IT : $6.5K | AMEX BCE: $5k | Age: 26 | Occupation: Grad Student | CreditKarma: 800TU/812EQ |
Message 21 of 26
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I'm not sure that navy would weigh their total threshold for loss the same among the different types of accts. I do know that the amt that you're approved for with Navchek is based on your credit, and the interest rate is the same for everyone. As  you mentioned, an auto loan would likely be weighed differently because it is a secured loan. I don't think that would count the same as an unsecured loan for their loss threshold. 

that said, if you know you're going to be getting an auto loan, you might want to hold off and get the Navchek afterwards. It does seem that they want proof of income for auto loans, so it might make getting the navchek easier if they already have that info. Also, if you do run across a max ceiling for total credit, your auto loan would probably be a priority for you over Navchek. 

you make an excellent point and I was thinking earlier that Im going to apply for auto loan first  then maybe navcheck.  Id rather be approved for auto loan and denied for navcheck rather approved navcheck denied auto loan 

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 22 of 26
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Joesh wrote:

If this card worth getting? Do they give you really high credit limits?

what card are you talkin about? are you talkin about navchek? cause navchek is a loc not a credit card, although it does report as one, and usually with very nice limits.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 23 of 26
Joesh
New Contributor

Guess I'm just talking about any NFCU card in general. I mean I guess I don't NEED anymore credit, since my utilization is only like 5% overall every month across my 6 cards. 

AMEX BCP : $30K | Citi Forward : $15K | Citi Dividend : $14K | BoA Travel Rewards : 7K | NFL Cash Rewards : $6K | Chase Freedom : $10K | Discover IT : $6.5K | AMEX BCE: $5k | Age: 26 | Occupation: Grad Student | CreditKarma: 800TU/812EQ |
Message 24 of 26
mt2va
Established Contributor

My score was about 50 points less than yours and my income is about 70% of yours and was approved for MasterCard, Visa, used auto loan re-fi, and NAVChek LOC all in a very short time period.  However, I’m guessing my limits are much lower and the interest rates higher than what you could get approved for. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 25 of 26
riker20
New Contributor

I currently have the following with NFCU:

- 15k LOC

- 33k Platinum card

- 23k Auto Loan

Primary checking and DD with them

Only had to provide income verification when I applied for the Auto Loan 3 years ago.  Income is 78k a year.

NFCU Flagship - 50k | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 38k | AMEX BCE - 29.3k | Best Buy Store Card - 21k | Furniture Row - 19.7k | Lowes Card - 16k | NFCU LOC - 15k | Amazon Store - 12k | Macy's - 6000
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.