Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too soon for CSP?

tag
nitrov
Established Contributor

Too soon for CSP?

CSP is my unicorn...it's the last card I know I want (for nowSmiley Tongue)

I got Freedom in Dec 2013 $500 CL after being blacklisted for prior charge off.

CLI app in July same day as IHG RMC, approved for both; $3500 new CL on Freedom, $9000 on IHG.

They pulled EQ and EX same day, I'm not sure which for which, but my EX is better than my EQ so I assume EX went to the new IHG.

Can I app for CSP now or should I wait? I have a lot of new accounts in the last year, several inqs, about 15% UTL, and my EX is approximately a 730 (749 USAA FAKO).

Apply now or wait a few months?

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Too soon for CSP?

Go ahead, you have a chance to be approved.

Message 2 of 30
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Yes you should be instantly approved. I was approved with under a year of credit history. And I had no prior relationship with Chase. Good luck!
Message 3 of 30
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

Few months

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 4 of 30
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

I suppose it depends how many accounts you have that are "new" and how new are they? 

Message 5 of 30
nitrov
Established Contributor

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

I suppose it depends how many accounts you have that are "new" and how new are they? 

My AAoA is about 3 years, I'm waiting for a new Amex to hit that will be backdated 8 years, which should bump me up to maybe 3.5 years AAoA.

My Cap One cards are 3 & 5 years old, but the rest of my cards except the PRG are less than 2 years old, probably over half of them within the last year since I closed on my mortgage in December 2013. Chase didn't seem to have an issue with all that when I got the IHG a couple months ago, so I don't know if CSP would be any different. I'm more concerned with them having an issue with the fact that I did just get a big bump in credit with them very recently. I def don't want to waste the HP.

I'm waiting for the new Amex to hit any day now (BCE), which I'll be pursuing the 3x CLI on in November. I should also be getting a good bump in CL on my 2nd NFCU card around that same time, so my thought is to either do it now or wait until after those CLIs hit. I'm also contemplating a HELOC and/or refi on my mortgage, so I'm trying to inq and get it out of the way so I have at least 3 months with no new inqs for the HELOC/refi.

Message 6 of 30
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I think you have a decent chance, i mean i was instant approved with 80% util, 12 inqs, 2yr aaoa, no baddies though. Also scores were 680's along with 2 new accounts. So i think you have a decent chance Smiley Happy

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 7 of 30
nitrov
Established Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

I think you have a decent chance, i mean i was instant approved with 80% util, 12 inqs, 2yr aaoa, no baddies though. Also scores were 680's along with 2 new accounts. So i think you have a decent chance Smiley Happy

Wow, how long ago was that? What CL did you get?

Message 8 of 30
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@nitrov wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

Wow, how long ago was that? What CL did you get?

That was late last month. I did get a 5k limit and im totally fine with that especially considering i thought i was going to be declined. I had 2 new accounts, Chase in June which gave me 2k - fine with that considering i dont spend that much just needed to finance a mattress. Discover in July - 4k both of these cards i applied with about 85% util and CSP in August with a 80% util at the time....car repairs will get you especially the large important ones. Smiley Sad

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 9 of 30
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

@nitrov wrote:

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

My AAoA is about 3 years, I'm waiting for a new Amex to hit that will be backdated 8 years, which should bump me up to maybe 3.5 years AAoA.

My Cap One cards are 3 & 5 years old, but the rest of my cards except the PRG are less than 2 years old, probably over half of them within the last year since I closed on my mortgage in December 2013. Chase didn't seem to have an issue with all that when I got the IHG a couple months ago, so I don't know if CSP would be any different. I'm more concerned with them having an issue with the fact that I did just get a big bump in credit with them very recently. I def don't want to waste the HP.

I'm waiting for the new Amex to hit any day now (BCE), which I'll be pursuing the 3x CLI on in November. I should also be getting a good bump in CL on my 2nd NFCU card around that same time, so my thought is to either do it now or wait until after those CLIs hit. I'm also contemplating a HELOC and/or refi on my mortgage, so I'm trying to inq and get it out of the way so I have at least 3 months with no new inqs for the HELOC/refi.

I'd say as long as those new accounts are 6+ months old, your chances of approval are pretty good. Did you check their pre-qual site at all? It's usually pretty accurate. 

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.