Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too soon for CSP?

tag
CoreyGSHS
New Contributor

Re: Too soon for CSP?

Quick question, actually, since you brought up the pre-qualifying option on the Chase website and especially since I am considering apping for a Freedom card here in the next few months... 

"I understand that this is not a credit card application and that the process of checking to see if I have an offer will not affect my credit score. Upon responding to an offer, Chase will review my credit report." I am assuming they mean this is a soft pull. Does putting your information in literally 100% have no effect on your credit rating? 

Sorry guys, educate me here. 

Message 11 of 30
CoreyGSHS
New Contributor

What exactly do they mean when they say "Chase will review my credit report?"

Message 12 of 30
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@CoreyGSHS wrote:

What exactly do they mean when they say "Chase will review my credit report?"

It is a SP unless you apply. SO if you go to a pre-approval or usually it asks for the last 4 of SSN its generally a SP. Its only a HP when you apply and enter the whole SSN. SO when you check Chase Pre-Qual and checkmark the box its basically saying, we are going to SP your report to see if we can match any offers. If one does show up for Chase its basically a good chance of approval.

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 13 of 30
CoreyGSHS
New Contributor

"We are unable to locate any offers for you at this time.

This may be because you have opted out of "prescreened" offers from Chase
and other companies or you have recently responded to another offer from Chase"

Go figure. 

Message 14 of 30
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Well that doesnt mean you dont qualify. It just means they havent sent any offers, or you did opt out of the pre-offers. You could still qualify if your profile supports their criteria. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 15 of 30
CoreyGSHS
New Contributor

Eh, who knows. 

I mean, I first put in my information and then when I hit submit, it just completely refreshed the site over again.. So I had to put all my stuff back in again. Maybe that could be why... haha. 

Message 16 of 30
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

As in the pre-qual or the application? Because if that was the application its a possibility it pulled.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 17 of 30
CoreyGSHS
New Contributor

Definitely the pre-qualifying site! I'm with only three months history currently with excellent reporting, I'm definitely scared to app at this moment.

Message 18 of 30
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Yeah thats a bit new, chase does like 6 mos - 1 yr history
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 19 of 30
CoreyGSHS
New Contributor

You've actually got two cards I am giving next consideration coming here in December whenever I hit 6 months. 

I may have already asked you this on my own post, but if you had to choose between your Discover It or your Chase Freedom, which one would you pick? 

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.