cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too spree, not to spree, and which to spree on?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Too spree, not to spree, and which to spree on?

I would apply for a new chase card now.

Message 21 of 27
itpromike
New Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Thanks for all the advice mate. I took it but just changed the card... I decided to give NFCU a try since from what I'm reading they provide higher CL's and I want as much CL as I can. NFCU did me proud too they gave me $25K Smiley Happy Thanks again for the advice.

Current Score: TransUnion (820) Equifax (818) Experian (823)
Message 22 of 27
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@itpromike wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

CLI 'spacing' doesn't really matter. The inquiry hits the credit report(or reports) immediately. Its when you apply for a new credit card that you get hit for the INQ immediately, and then a new credit line gets added to all 3 reports, but that part is delayed somewhat. So you apply for several cards close together hoping that your FICO score only gets lowered by each additional INQ, and not also by each additional credit line (you're assuming you will be approved, of course).

Ok so here's an update.

1.) I called BoA with request for a CLI to $15K and got the 3 days waiting period so still waiting for that.

2.) I called chase and got a really rude person so then I hung up and called back and got a CLI from $1K to $5K however my interest rate is 27% and 'not eligible to be lowered at this time' which is crazy! I guess I wasted that INQ and should have just got a new card with them.

3.) Called for an Amex Blue Cash Preferred and got instantly approved for $8K with a 14% APR 

So... I'm guessing CLI's don't count towards a 'spree' technically but since both CLI's had a HP associated with them (got notified of one this morning) does it count or should I be able to do 1 or two more cards today?

Nicely done. So now just make a note to remind yourself that on April 14th (61 days from now) you should ask for a new credit limit of 24K on the Amex BCP. Oh, and try to use the card somewhat in the meantime Smiley Wink

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 23 of 27
itpromike
New Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@itpromike wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

CLI 'spacing' doesn't really matter. The inquiry hits the credit report(or reports) immediately. Its when you apply for a new credit card that you get hit for the INQ immediately, and then a new credit line gets added to all 3 reports, but that part is delayed somewhat. So you apply for several cards close together hoping that your FICO score only gets lowered by each additional INQ, and not also by each additional credit line (you're assuming you will be approved, of course).

Ok so here's an update.

1.) I called BoA with request for a CLI to $15K and got the 3 days waiting period so still waiting for that.

2.) I called chase and got a really rude person so then I hung up and called back and got a CLI from $1K to $5K however my interest rate is 27% and 'not eligible to be lowered at this time' which is crazy! I guess I wasted that INQ and should have just got a new card with them.

3.) Called for an Amex Blue Cash Preferred and got instantly approved for $8K with a 14% APR 

So... I'm guessing CLI's don't count towards a 'spree' technically but since both CLI's had a HP associated with them (got notified of one this morning) does it count or should I be able to do 1 or two more cards today?

Nicely done. So now just make a note to remind yourself that on April 14th (61 days from now) you should ask for a new credit limit of 24K on the Amex BCP. Oh, and try to use the card somewhat in the meantime Smiley Wink

LOL I was actually thinking about that. So you think it's definitely worth a try eh?

Message 24 of 27
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@itpromike wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@itpromike wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Ok so here's an update.

LOL I was actually thinking about that. So you think it's definitely worth a try eh?

Once you have the card, American Express CLI requests are just SP. And the computer automatically counter-offers a lesser amount if necessary.

So yes,  I would definitely try it.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 25 of 27
baller4life
Super Contributor

@itpromike wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Thanks for all the advice mate. I took it but just changed the card... I decided to give NFCU a try since from what I'm reading they provide higher CL's and I want as much CL as I can. NFCU did me proud too they gave me $25K Smiley Happy Thanks again for the advice.

Congrats and welcome to the Navy fam!

Message 26 of 27
itpromike
New Contributor

Thanks bro! I just checked my credit report this morning and EVERY inq was made on to equifax... This makes me nervous :-( 4 HP's to one bureau... And equifax is my lowest score at that, one that I really didn't want to take a hot on (it's only 725). I updated my myfico score and it hasn't changed from 725 just yet even though the INQ are on there.... Also the new balances or new cards are not on there yet so I'm hoping once all that gets on there it'll balance out the fact that I have 4 INQ in a 2 days time frame and not affect my score too terribly. I'm not sure just how much HP's affect scores. I'm getting nervous; which I'm sure to everyone else here sounds dumb but I'm still new at this Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.