Message 11 of 20
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: Took an Axe to the Snake (BOA)

@HiLine wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:
Its weird how experiences with banks vary by person Smiley Tongue

Mostly because of the numbers you call I reckon Smiley Wink

Over the last 2 years tried front line and BD numbers. (last 2 attempts BD numbers with a CA) Same result.  If I want to play games, I'll buy a WII.....    Smiley Indifferent

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 12 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

@RyVision wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

Over the last 2 years tried front line and BD numbers. (last 2 attempts BD numbers with a CA) Same result.  If I want to play games, I'll buy a WII.....    Smiley Indifferent

What BD number did you call? Merely gathering information here.

Message 13 of 20
jwduke
Regular Contributor

BofA $uck$! I had a BofA Chrysler CC with them, they closed it because they couldn't take a payment out of my BofA checking account (Which I didn't have!). So I paid it off, and they keep trying to ding me a $1.50 in interest each month. I finally called them again and said "Enough is enough" Try and bill me again, and my attorney will be contacting you.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 20
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

On the last contact for BD CA, I tried 2.  First was on the list here: BofA: 800-718-6072 (Credit analyst - for existing cardholders only)   Goes to their system but answers with "You have reached a non-working customer service number, goodbye"

Second call (minutes later):  BofA: 866-421-8153 (Credit analyst - existing cardholders).  Young woman named Jasmine I think.  When they couldn't work on the AF, and I wasn't about to risk another HP for a CLI I wouldn't get (tried that last year), I told her to close the account before the AF hit the next day.

I think getting rid of the BOA is a little like how a woman feels when she takes off her bra.     Smiley LOL

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 15 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

@RyVision wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

On the last contact for BD CA, I tried 2.  First was on the list here: BofA: 800-718-6072 (Credit analyst - for existing cardholders only)   Goes to their system but answers with "You have reached a non-working customer service number, goodbye"

Second call (minutes later):  BofA: 866-421-8153 (Credit analyst - existing cardholders).  Young woman named Jasmine I think.  When they couldn't work on the AF, and I wasn't about to risk another HP for a CLI I wouldn't get (tried that last year), I told her to close the account before the AF hit the next day.

I think getting rid of the BOA is a little like how a woman feels when she takes off her bra.     Smiley LOL

Let me guess, you're not going to put on another the next day? Man Tongue

Message 16 of 20
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

LOL  Nope!   Smiley LOL   (I've always heard women say it feels "liberating" so...   yup, sounds about right lol) 

They said I could apply for another product if I wanted to get one still with rewards,  still low interest but no AF, but I told them no, I wouldn't apply for another BOA product unless they changed their tactics all around and that I would advise others to avoid them as well.     I did tell Jasmine I wasn't blaming her, as she doesn't direct policy or control what's allowed by her screen, just the BOA and those much higher up than her.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 17 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

@RyVision wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

LOL  Nope!   Smiley LOL   (I've always heard women say it feels "liberating" so...   yup, sounds about right lol) 

They said I could apply for another product if I wanted to get one still with rewards,  still low interest but no AF, but I told them no, I wouldn't apply for another BOA product unless they changed their tactics all around and that I would advise others to avoid them as well.     I did tell Jasmine I wasn't blaming her, as she doesn't direct policy or control what's allowed by her screen, just the BOA and those much higher up than her.

Lol

I wouldn't assume that your Jasmine knew what she was talking about. Customer service experience is a crapshoot sometimes. I remember a thread on this board  where somebody called some (non-BofA) recon line more than 3 times to finally get approved - and it was an approval for a big limit, too. I've dealt enough with customer service of all sorts to know to call at least a second time if I don't get what I want from the first call. Over time, it's been a successful strategy. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 20
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

Lol

I wouldn't assume that your Jasmine knew what she was talking about. Customer service experience is a crapshoot sometimes. I remember a thread on this board  where somebody called some (non-BofA) recon line more than 3 times to finally get approved - and it was an approval for a big limit, too. I've dealt enough with customer service of all sorts to know to call at least a second time if I don't get what I want from the first call. Over time, it's been a successful strategy. Smiley Happy

I tried that strategy last year, after about 5 calls all I got was finally a HP and no CLI.   They had no problem PCing without even a SP.   Most of my calls were to BD numbers after the 3rd year having the card.   But even being unable to waive the AF, not worth keeping.   Tried different times of day too, a few days, and once a few weeks, apart.   Me and the snake just don't click.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 19 of 20
in0wh3r3ul1v3
New Contributor

I'm in this same boat! BofA was my first credit card w/ limit of 1500. They started charging me an AF in 2011. I called to contest but they wouldn't budge, but bumped my limit up a little to 2500. PCed to 3-2-1 Cash Rewards in 2012 hoping to ditch the fee, but no luck. Soon as I can, I'm closing them out and apping for Amex BCE.

Macy's Red Star - $5100 (1/2010)
AMEX Everyday - $9000 (1/2011 Backdated)
AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL
Chase Amazon Prime - $8900 (11/2011)
Lowe's/SYNCB - $6500 (7/2014)
J. Crew/CB - $3500 (2/2015)
Target REDcard - $500 (11/2015)
Citi AAdvantage - $4000 (6/2016)
Chase United MileagePlus - $5000 (2/2017)
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.