Reply
Blogger
Posts: 3,360
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: Took an Axe to the Snake (BOA)


jsickz32 wrote:
Its weird how experiences with banks vary by person Smiley Tongue

Mostly because of the numbers you call I reckon Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Took an Axe to the Snake (BOA)


HiLine wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:
Its weird how experiences with banks vary by person Smiley Tongue

Mostly because of the numbers you call I reckon Smiley Wink


Over the last 2 years tried front line and BD numbers. (last 2 attempts BD numbers with a CA) Same result.  If I want to play games, I'll buy a WII.....    Smiley Indifferent

Blogger
Posts: 3,360
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: Took an Axe to the Snake (BOA)


RyVision wrote:

HiLine wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:
Its weird how experiences with banks vary by person Smiley Tongue

Mostly because of the numbers you call I reckon Smiley Wink


Over the last 2 years tried front line and BD numbers. (last 2 attempts BD numbers with a CA) Same result.  If I want to play games, I'll buy a WII.....    Smiley Indifferent


What BD number did you call? Merely gathering information here.

Contributor
Posts: 127
Registered: ‎01-14-2012
0

Re: Took an Axe to the Snake (BOA)

BofA $uck$! I had a BofA Chrysler CC with them, they closed it because they couldn't take a payment out of my BofA checking account (Which I didn't have!). So I paid it off, and they keep trying to ding me a $1.50 in interest each month. I finally called them again and said "Enough is enough" Try and bill me again, and my attorney will be contacting you.



Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 772 (09/20/14)
Goal Score: 780+ All Three




Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Took an Axe to the Snake (BOA)


HiLine wrote:

RyVision wrote:

HiLine wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:
Its weird how experiences with banks vary by person Smiley Tongue

Mostly because of the numbers you call I reckon Smiley Wink


Over the last 2 years tried front line and BD numbers. (last 2 attempts BD numbers with a CA) Same result.  If I want to play games, I'll buy a WII.....    Smiley Indifferent


What BD number did you call? Merely gathering information here.


 

On the last contact for BD CA, I tried 2.  First was on the list here: BofA: 800-718-6072 (Credit analyst - for existing cardholders only)   Goes to their system but answers with "You have reached a non-working customer service number, goodbye"

 

Second call (minutes later):  BofA: 866-421-8153 (Credit analyst - existing cardholders).  Young woman named Jasmine I think.  When they couldn't work on the AF, and I wasn't about to risk another HP for a CLI I wouldn't get (tried that last year), I told her to close the account before the AF hit the next day.

 

I think getting rid of the BOA is a little like how a woman feels when she takes off her bra.     Smiley LOL

Blogger
Posts: 3,360
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: Took an Axe to the Snake (BOA)


RyVision wrote:

HiLine wrote:

RyVision wrote:

HiLine wrote:

jsickz32 wrote:
Its weird how experiences with banks vary by person Smiley Tongue

Mostly because of the numbers you call I reckon Smiley Wink


Over the last 2 years tried front line and BD numbers. (last 2 attempts BD numbers with a CA) Same result.  If I want to play games, I'll buy a WII.....    Smiley Indifferent


What BD number did you call? Merely gathering information here.


 

On the last contact for BD CA, I tried 2.  First was on the list here: BofA: 800-718-6072 (Credit analyst - for existing cardholders only)   Goes to their system but answers with "You have reached a non-working customer service number, goodbye"

 

Second call (minutes later):  BofA: 866-421-8153 (Credit analyst - existing cardholders).  Young woman named Jasmine I think.  When they couldn't work on the AF, and I wasn't about to risk another HP for a CLI I wouldn't get (tried that last year), I told her to close the account before the AF hit the next day.

 

I think getting rid of the BOA is a little like how a woman feels when she takes off her bra.     Smiley LOL


Let me guess, you're not going to put on another the next day? Man Tongue

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Took an Axe to the Snake (BOA)


HiLine wrote:



Let me guess, you're not going to put on another the next day? Man Tongue


 

LOL  Nope!   Smiley LOL   (I've always heard women say it feels "liberating" so...   yup, sounds about right lol) 

 

They said I could apply for another product if I wanted to get one still with rewards,  still low interest but no AF, but I told them no, I wouldn't apply for another BOA product unless they changed their tactics all around and that I would advise others to avoid them as well.     I did tell Jasmine I wasn't blaming her, as she doesn't direct policy or control what's allowed by her screen, just the BOA and those much higher up than her.

Blogger
Posts: 3,360
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: Took an Axe to the Snake (BOA)


RyVision wrote:

HiLine wrote:



Let me guess, you're not going to put on another the next day? Man Tongue


 

LOL  Nope!   Smiley LOL   (I've always heard women say it feels "liberating" so...   yup, sounds about right lol) 

 

They said I could apply for another product if I wanted to get one still with rewards,  still low interest but no AF, but I told them no, I wouldn't apply for another BOA product unless they changed their tactics all around and that I would advise others to avoid them as well.     I did tell Jasmine I wasn't blaming her, as she doesn't direct policy or control what's allowed by her screen, just the BOA and those much higher up than her.


Lol

 

I wouldn't assume that your Jasmine knew what she was talking about. Customer service experience is a crapshoot sometimes. I remember a thread on this board  where somebody called some (non-BofA) recon line more than 3 times to finally get approved - and it was an approval for a big limit, too. I've dealt enough with customer service of all sorts to know to call at least a second time if I don't get what I want from the first call. Over time, it's been a successful strategy. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Took an Axe to the Snake (BOA)


HiLine wrote:

RyVision wrote:

HiLine wrote:



Let me guess, you're not going to put on another the next day? Man Tongue


 

LOL  Nope!   Smiley LOL   (I've always heard women say it feels "liberating" so...   yup, sounds about right lol) 

 

They said I could apply for another product if I wanted to get one still with rewards,  still low interest but no AF, but I told them no, I wouldn't apply for another BOA product unless they changed their tactics all around and that I would advise others to avoid them as well.     I did tell Jasmine I wasn't blaming her, as she doesn't direct policy or control what's allowed by her screen, just the BOA and those much higher up than her.


Lol

 

I wouldn't assume that your Jasmine knew what she was talking about. Customer service experience is a crapshoot sometimes. I remember a thread on this board  where somebody called some (non-BofA) recon line more than 3 times to finally get approved - and it was an approval for a big limit, too. I've dealt enough with customer service of all sorts to know to call at least a second time if I don't get what I want from the first call. Over time, it's been a successful strategy. Smiley Happy


I tried that strategy last year, after about 5 calls all I got was finally a HP and no CLI.   They had no problem PCing without even a SP.   Most of my calls were to BD numbers after the 3rd year having the card.   But even being unable to waive the AF, not worth keeping.   Tried different times of day too, a few days, and once a few weeks, apart.   Me and the snake just don't click.

Highlighted
New Contributor
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎08-15-2011
0

Re: Took an Axe to the Snake (BOA)

I'm in this same boat! BofA was my first credit card w/ limit of 1500. They started charging me an AF in 2011. I called to contest but they wouldn't budge, but bumped my limit up a little to 2500. PCed to 3-2-1 Cash Rewards in 2012 hoping to ditch the fee, but no luck. Soon as I can, I'm closing them out and apping for Amex BCE.

Macy's Red Star Rewards - $2500 (1/2010)
AMEX Everyday - $3000 (1/2011 Backdated)
Amazon Rewards Visa - $4400 (11/2011)
Lowe's/SYNCB - $5700 (7/2014)
J. Crew/CB - $1300 (2/2015)
Southwest Airlines Visa Signature - $5000 (4/2015)
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.