Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Took one for the team!

tag
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Took one for the team!

So I took part in the "Prime/Blacklist Approval Experiment" in the Bankruptcy section of the forums and wanted to share the results with you all.

App'd online for the Chase Freedom and got the "your app needs further review" message. Called the backdoor number (and yes, analysts are available on Saturdays) and asked them to please recon. Was put on hold for approximately 5-7 minutes for a review. Analyst came back and delivered the "declined" speech.

She gave me two reason for the decline:

1. BK reporting (5 years post d/c)

2. A Chase CC was included in the BK.

I've asked for a few recons during my re-building days and Chase is the only one that didn't ask me a single question regarding the bk or how I've managed my credit since the bk to ensure that it doesn't happen again. Hope this helps!!

P.S. I don't bank with Chase but I do have a mortgage with them.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Re: Took one for the team!

Sorry for posting in the wrong section PizzaD.
Message 2 of 7
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Has anyone had any multi-recon success with Chase?
Message 3 of 7
keithB
Established Contributor

"Took one for the team!"

Gee, thanks Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SpecFile wrote:
Has anyone had any multi-recon success with Chase?

You can try the reconsideration route until you're blue in the face but given the above reasons they have provided you, it's going to be a wasted effort IMO.  If you're blacklisted due to having Chase IIB, it's going to be a long time before you can get your foot in the door again, provided they do at some point in the future.

Message 5 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sorry Op!! I didn't IIB chase but I did burn them for close to $8k with CO prior to my BK, so I'm sure it'll be a very long time for me as well, maybe never, lol.
Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Chase, along with other lenders (Citi, BoA, NFCU, USAA, AMEX, etc.), tend to have long memories.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.