Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Took one month to PC a BOA card

tag
akabigo
Contributor

Took one month to PC a BOA card

So I requested to PC my BOA Visa to the Accelerated Rewards AMEX on Feb. 1st. My Visa gets no use so I will use this at Costco until I get back in with Amex in the future. There were a couple mixups via email since I had a new rep EVERY time I replied. I thought for sure it wouldn't happen and was going to call in Monday but late Thursday my account showed an AMEX instead of the Visa and I received my cards yesterday. All in all not a bad experience. Next time I will either chat or call, email can be a little frustrating. I suggest you do the same if this is something that you are considering. There were no HP's or SP's and they never asked a single income question. So PC away but be prepared to wait the full 4 weeks when they tell you 2-4.

Orlando

Fico scores 800+
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Took one month to PC a BOA card

@akabigo wrote:

So I requested to PC my BOA Visa to the Accelerated Rewards AMEX on Feb. 1st. My Visa gets no use so I will use this at Costco until I get back in with Amex in the future. There were a couple mixups via email since I had a new rep EVERY time I replied. I thought for sure it wouldn't happen and was going to call in Monday but late Thursday my account showed an AMEX instead of the Visa and I received my cards yesterday. All in all not a bad experience. Next time I will either chat or call, email can be a little frustrating. I suggest you do the same if this is something that you are considering. There were no HP's or SP's and they never asked a single income question. So PC away but be prepared to wait the full 4 weeks when they tell you 2-4.

Orlando

Regardless of which channel you use to PC (email, online chat, phone), this is usually the standard timeframe for most BofA product conversions.  Very few folks report this process being completed in less than 2 weeks.

Message 2 of 5
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

yea i  did a pc and i got a call 10 days later friday actually stating my card would be here by 3/12 but she didnt see the 0% intro for 12 months so now im waiting to hear from her on monday about that but it does happen b4 4 weeks in some cases i also have 3 other accounts with them so maybe thats why

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Message 3 of 5
akabigo
Contributor

Mine probably would have been a bit less than 4 weeks but after telling me that I would get the PC to the AMEX from the first rep, I get another email from a different rep letting me know that the AMEX was no longer available.. So another email and another rep later I found out that the PC to the 123 rewards was done instead. Another email and another rep later, I cancelled the 123 and got back on track to getting the AMEX. Thats why i am recommending to anyone wanting to PC with BOA to do it via chat or phone because via email just seems to be too much trouble for something like this. I'm glad it's over. I did get an alert that a new account was opened with my 12/2011 date so I guess it will affect my AAOA a little but we shall see. I'll pull my reports next month and see where I am at.

Fico scores 800+
Message 4 of 5
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

yea u gotta stay on them at bofa i think i may have to wait longer for my pc since i had to talk with a diff rep aswell but hopefully not congrats on the pc

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.