Super Contributor
longtimelurker

Re: Top 10 CC for high rollers

ryanbush wrote:

longtimelurker wrote:

thom02099 wrote:

Interesting read. 

Not sure there would be many folks here (or at other forums) that would include The Black Card on any list purported to be exclusive, since just about anyone can get one if you're willing to pony up the hefty AF.

Not to defend the black card, but is it really much easier to get than the Amex Plat?   Note, I agree that the Amex is MUCH better value, but it is hardly exclusive either, you just need to meet the (relatively minimal) requirements for an Amex charge card, and be willing to, as you say, pony up the hefty AF.

I'm not really sure the post was about the hardest cards to get, it was more about the cards for high rollers (ex. people willing to pay the fee) or people wanting to look like high rollers.

BTW I used my CSP at a bar Friday night and a guy I knew pretty well asked me if it was a 'mastercard black'?  I just ignored that.

I agree about the purpose of the post.  My point was just that thom's reasons for not including the Black Card apply just as well to the Amex Plat.  And IMO both belong on the list as cards that high-rollers (and wannabes) might consider.

CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS (x2), Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi Double Cash, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus, Fid Amex, NASA Plat Cash
Scores May 14: EQ 848, EX 833, TU 848 (Sep)
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
improvingmycredit

Re: Top 10 CC for high rollers

longtimelurker wrote:

ryanbush wrote:

longtimelurker wrote:

thom02099 wrote:

Interesting read. 

Not sure there would be many folks here (or at other forums) that would include The Black Card on any list purported to be exclusive, since just about anyone can get one if you're willing to pony up the hefty AF.

Not to defend the black card, but is it really much easier to get than the Amex Plat?   Note, I agree that the Amex is MUCH better value, but it is hardly exclusive either, you just need to meet the (relatively minimal) requirements for an Amex charge card, and be willing to, as you say, pony up the hefty AF.

I'm not really sure the post was about the hardest cards to get, it was more about the cards for high rollers (ex. people willing to pay the fee) or people wanting to look like high rollers.

BTW I used my CSP at a bar Friday night and a guy I knew pretty well asked me if it was a 'mastercard black'?  I just ignored that.

I agree about the purpose of the post.  My point was just that thom's reasons for not including the Black Card apply just as well to the Amex Plat.  And IMO both belong on the list as cards that high-rollers (and wannabes) might consider.

+1

Though the perks might not justify the AF, to those that can afford it, it's a non-issue.  I think it does belong on the list also and respectfully, it is exclusive because of the AF.  Not many can afford it therefore limiting the individuals that carry it.  

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSP 20.5K, TotalRewards 20.5K, QuickSilver 20K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}