Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top 5 CLs from Fav 5 Issuers

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Top 5 CLs from Fav 5 Issuers

CLs may vary by profile, market conditions, etc. Here's the top of current roster.

1-NFCU

2-Chase

3-Pen Fed

4-5 Amex

Notes: overall profile excellent, clean reports, thick file, AAoA 8+, oldest 27+, solid employment and residence 10+.

f/b may offer some direction to members undecided about new lenders or pursuing a limit increase with current issuer, ideally one whose shown a general tendency toward competitive terms, rewards, growing and working with card holders.

Perhaps an off the cuff tally of the myfico fav 5 for 2014 will develop, there's bound to be some overall consensus, if we endeavor to piece together some of the data points. Nonetheless, can compare and contrast experiences with our most favored lenders, this year promises so far to be a relatively strong one of credit offerings for a large cross-section of consumers from re/builder to excellent status. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Top 5 CLs from Fav 5 Issuers

My cards and credit lines are in my signature.

Oldest card 27yrs - newest 2 months. In 2013 I got 7 new accounts and cut my AAoA from 18yrs to about 5yrs.

I would say all of my lenders are pretty much inline with the only exception - Discover.  I guess my cut in AAoA did spook them so much that even after 1 year I cannot get a 5K limit.  Smiley Sad

Highest starting limits Citi, Chase and Barclays - others CLI from 5K to 10K.  But Discover simply will not grow.... oh well I am happy with the card just not the limit Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

My cards and credit lines are in my signature.

Oldest card 27yrs - newest 2 months. In 2013 I got 7 new accounts and cut my AAoA from 18yrs to about 5yrs.

I would say all of my lenders are pretty much inline with the only exception - Discover.  I guess my cut in AAoA did spook them so much that even after 1 year I cannot get a 5K limit.  Smiley Sad

Highest starting limits Citi, Chase and Barclays - others CLI from 5K to 10K.  But Discover simply will not grow.... oh well I am happy with the card just not the limit Smiley Happy

Strange no love from Discover...  but with the other cards in your wallet, you can relegate them to the 5% cashback bonus categories, which are capped at 1,500 a quarter.

1. NFCU

2. Chase

3. Bank of America

4. GECRB (Credit Solutions is your friend - $35K split between Sams, Amazon, Walmart DC, "R"Us MC, Lowes)

5. Amex offered me some sky-high limits years ago, but then retrenched in 2009 and haven't returned since.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 3 of 8
samm90
New Contributor

Amex gave me my first card over 5k. Hoping to grow everything to at least 5k. I'd love to get my amex to a 5 digit cl too.
Discover Tu 730(2/14) DCU Eq 725(2/28)

Bouncing back from new accts and inqs. Hope to be back over 760 soon.
Message 4 of 8
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

+1 with Amex
AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 5 of 8
swpopham
Established Contributor

Top 5

1. Chase JPM Select card 50k- CSP 30k

2. Navy Fed Cash rewards- 40k

3. Navy Fed Flagship- 30k

4. Lowes GE- 30k

5. BOA Merill lynch- 20k

Amex- PRG NPSL and then BCP-3k....

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 6 of 8
phonic
Contributor

Top 5:

CSP = $16,000 (+$9,100 on IHG for a total of $25100)

BOA = $13,400

Citibank = $12500

Discover = $10800

Amex BCP = $10000 (soon to be $25k in 55 days or so...)

Limits: PRG=NPSL, CSP=$16k, BCP=$30k, DIT=$15k, USAA=$6k, CDW=$12.5k, IHG=$9k, BBY=$2k, BOA=$13k
Message 7 of 8
flowfaster
Established Contributor

1. Chase

2. US Bank

3. AMEX

4. USAA

5. Citi tied with BoA/FIA

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.