Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Capital One Cards?

tag
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

Total Capital One Cards?

All,

How many total capital 1 cards can you have? I have two platinum and one Sony. I would like to apply for the Quicksiliver. 

I don't want to do a product change because I have been in credit rebuild and capital one has been friendly. 

Thanks,
Phumanr

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Total Capital One Cards?

@phumanr wrote:

All,

How many total capital 1 cards can you have? I have two platinum and one Sony. I would like to apply for the Quicksiliver. 

I don't want to do a product change because I have been in credit rebuild and capital one has been friendly. 

Thanks,
Phumanr

I was denied a third Cap 1 card for having two already, why I don't know as others have had more than 2. For credit rebuilding purposes, you'd actually be hurting yourself applying for a third card with them, even if they don't deny you. They will put one inquiry on each of your credit reports, where as most others will only put one inquiry on one credit report total. You are much better off trying to PC a card with them and getting credit limit increases. The three cards you have  now is more than enough for credit rebuilding. All you need to do is use them responsibly and pay them off properly.

I like Cap one. They have been pretty good to me in my own rebuild process, but if I were in your position, I'd get a PC, seek out CLIs and then if you really feel that you want another card that much, apply for that 4th card some where else.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Only two Cap1 cards but you can have more with cobranded Cap1 cards. By not product changing to Quicksilver is a soft pull if any pull at all. Your throwing away money any time you use their cards in my opinion if you don't upgrade to the Quicksilver.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 5
39Xelor
Established Member

@coldnmn wrote:

Only two Cap1 cards but you can have more with cobranded Cap1 cards. By not product changing to Quicksilver is a soft pull if any pull at all. Your throwing away money any time you use their cards in my opinion if you don't upgrade to the Quicksilver.

+1 I've upgraded to the silver on one of my CapOne cards, it makes sense

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 4 of 5
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

I started with a $1000 Plat and a $500 QS.  I converted the Plat to a QS shortly after I got the credit step increase to $1500 so now I have 2...

2 cards is the max... I asked when I called about the QS conversion.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.