Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Merrill Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Total Merrill Visa

I received an application in the mail from them today....never have heard from them in the past.

Are they hard to get approved for?
What to they want?
Who do they pull?
Are they good?
Thought you had to have an account with Merrill Lynch to have one of their cards

The way things are looking right now....I think I might get declined Smiley Sad ....been a rough month for the FICO score
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
aftermath
Established Contributor

Re: Total Merrill Visa

Don't need an account with Merrill. They pull Experian 90% of the time. That card is one of the more tougher cards from FIA/BOA to obtain. Great rewards system. Maximum credit line of up to $200,000. Scores in the mid 700's is recommended.

Message Edited by aftermath on 07-22-2008 09:21 PM
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

well...wonder why they sent it to me...almost tempted to apply (but I know i would get declined)..it's been so long since any CC has offered something to me.....i was just happy to see it.....i might put it on my fridge to show people what CCC's are contacting me Smiley Happy

FIA/BOA?
Message 3 of 12
aftermath
Established Contributor

FIA/BOA = One in the same = Bank Of America = Card is issued by them
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i thought that meant BOA....but I had no idea they were behind this card.....that is odd.....cause Merrill has their own banking unit right?

also....could they have gotten my info from BOA when i applied and was declined?
i was trying to get the 99/500 card...but they never offer it to me...sucks!
Message 5 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Merril is outsourcing their name to BOA/FIA so they can issue the credit cards on Merril name. Most of the banks are doing it now a days outsourcing their credit cards to other companies.
Message 6 of 12
TKDALLSTAR
Contributor

I had a Bank of America Platinum Plus Visa Card for 7 months, then applied for the FIA Merrill Lynch Visa+ Card in July 2007, and received $5K. They pulled experian, and my score at the time was past the high 500's. Fast forward a year later, my experian score is high 600's.

In October 2007, I then combined the two cards, CL was then $7.5K. In the last 6 months they increased my limit to $8.5K.

I would say this is one my favorite cards, I have accumulated over 25,000 points in the year I have had the card.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you were accepted for a Merrill Card with a score below 600?
Message 8 of 12
TKDALLSTAR
Contributor

Yes, I was. I was also had a Bank of America checking account, but some may argue that it is or is not taken into consideration...
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

**bleep**!! that is great then!! every time i go on to the BOA site & see if i qualify for any cards.....they say no.....i don't even get an offer for the 99/500 one...and that is the one i was looking for....i wonder what gives. my EQ score at the time was about 610-620.....it's my other scores that look so bad...working on those....but that is great about getting that car with that score! the other poster was saying that wanted mid 700's for it.

do you think opening up a BOA checking account helps with getting a card with them?

can you have too many checking accounts? i have about 5 of them with different banks....just to be safe...especially cause i have a business
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.