Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Noob question

tag
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Total Noob question

Is it possible to pay a credit cards balance with a totally different credit card? And if so would you still get the same points/cash back as if you used that card to begin with?
Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Total Noob question

I dont think it is possible.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jpmack29 wrote:
Is it possible to pay a credit cards balance with a totally different credit card? And if so would you still get the same points/cash back as if you used that card to begin with?

No, you can't pay a CC with another CC unless a balance transfer which counts as cash advance.   Some blogs will say otherwise, but those methods cannot be discussed on MyFico.

Message 3 of 5
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

Ok thanks.
Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 4 of 5
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jpmack29 wrote:

No, you can't pay a CC with another CC unless a balance transfer which counts as cash advance.   Some blogs will say otherwise, but those methods cannot be discussed on MyFico.

Ive did 3 Bt's over the last 2 years. to low interest cards. 2 of them did not count as a cash advance. but the one on my credit union did. even though the Cash advance apr is 13,99 percent. i was still shocked to see Cash Advance fee on my statement. as they never told me. and i did not do it my self. a rep called me on the phone and said she would take card of all. which she did. i gave her names of  banks. she did not even ask balances. she just paid it all.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.