Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally bummed...tiiming on Amex app was just a tad short

tag
jlfce1
Regular Contributor

Totally bummed...tiiming on Amex app was just a tad short

So I apped for my Amex BCE a couple of weeks ago when they were offering the norm:  0% for 12 months, but today I noticed they're now offerring the 0% for 15.....ugh.  Not a huge deal, but so close to an additional 3 month advantage. Such a gamble when applying...  Tricky, tricky!

Amex BCE 24.5K | BofA Cash Rewards 15K | CSP MC 13.5K| Chase Freedom 7.5K | Discover IT 3K
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Totally bummed...tiiming on Amex app was just a tad short

Call them up and see if they will apply the new promo to your new account. Never know till you ask. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 5
jlfce1
Regular Contributor

@Epcot wrote:
Call them up and see if they will apply the new promo to your new account. Never know till you ask. Smiley Happy

Good Point. I might try tomorrow.  But dang, talk about bad timing on my part. Smiley Happy

Amex BCE 24.5K | BofA Cash Rewards 15K | CSP MC 13.5K| Chase Freedom 7.5K | Discover IT 3K
Message 3 of 5
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

Reason for the extra 3 months on the new promo is because the cash bonus is now 100 for BCE and 150 for BCP but it now offers 0% on balance transfers....

Message 4 of 5
jlfce1
Regular Contributor

@Omnipotent wrote:

Reason for the extra 3 months on the new promo is because the cash bonus is now 100 for BCE and 150 for BCP but it now offers 0% on balance transfers....

I was only offered the $100 with 0% at 12 months. I'm not concerned with BT offers right now as I have no need.  Originally there was an offer for the 0% for 15; however, when I clicked on the link and was sent to the application, it said it was no longer valid (it was on 8/8/13), so I just applied for the offer I received.  It's not a huge deal, I'm not trying to be a brat, but being that I want to purchase a house in June, the extra 3 months of 0% for after moving and having a new house would have been a nice deal to fall back on if needed.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.