Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally on the Chase Blacklist! :(

tag
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

Re: Totally on the Chase Blacklist! :(

I am sooooo on Chases blacklist, cause they told me so Smiley Wink  Last denial reason was past history (it was bad).  A prior app last year didn't indicate past year history, so thought I had a chance.  I still have a settled Chase account on my CR, but I won't try again with Chase for a few years if I feel a need.  

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 11 of 16
sjt
Senior Contributor

There have been a lot of folks who have gotten a Chase Card after burning them with a CO or BK. I think it all depends on the progress you made in your credit rebuilding. I read that some got a Chase Card 3 yrs. post bk., the I think the norm is around 5 plus years.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 12 of 16
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@sjt wrote:

There have been a lot of folks who have gotten a Chase Card after burning them with a CO or BK. I think it all depends on the progress you made in your credit rebuilding. I read that some got a Chase Card 3 yrs. post bk., the I think the norm is around 5 plus years.

+1 I burned them with a charge off eight years ago and last year they bought it up when I was declined for the CSP with credit scores on avg around 680's I just applied for the CSP  1 1/2 months ago approved 19.4k cl credit scores around 770's now.  So I don't think it might be about just burning them or they never would of approved me.  I would think it your whole credit picture and then their risk level and chances of them getting burned again.

Maybe if I never would of burned them I could of been approved last year with a 700 score but since I did, I might need a much higher score than most to get approved.  Just conjecture no hard evidence.

Message 13 of 16
sjt
Senior Contributor

Out of curiosity, I much did you burn them for? Did they sell the debt?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 14 of 16
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@sjt wrote:

Out of curiosity, I much did you burn them for? Did they sell the debt?

If the question was directed toward me it was like $7400 and a CO.

Message 15 of 16
EW800
Valued Contributor

I am sure that I am on their black list.  I had to do a settlement with them about two years ago.  Perhaps I am not banned for life because it was an agree-upon settlement before it went to collections or anything like that, however I am sure they won't even look at me for quite a few years.  Perhaps I won't be on the list quite as long because I did not leave them high and dry??

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.