Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toy Cards

tag
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Toy Cards

Hoping to get everyone's opinion on something. When you hear or read references to "toy cards", what credit limits do you generally associate with the phrase?

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ALP
New Contributor

Re: Toy Cards

My personal definition is not necessarily the standard but anything under 1k.   This may differ greatly from the widely accepted opinion on toy limits.

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740

Message 2 of 8
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

For me, it's just a CL that's not usable. For instance, a $200 Cl for a store card that sells electronics. Kind of pointless.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Message 3 of 8
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Anything $500 or less.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 4 of 8
mross1080
Established Contributor

I would have to say anything under around 750 to 500 would be considered "toy" to me.

Message 5 of 8
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Thanks for all the responses.  It's interesting to see the diversity in ranges.  It definitely looks like under $1,000 catches the full range.  I guess it would all be relative to your current needs.

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Message 6 of 8
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

$300 or less

Message 7 of 8
Open123
Super Contributor

In my view, it's probably anything under $500. From a practical standpoint, I think a person needs at least $750 - $1,000 before the full advantages of using a credit card over cash is realized. For instance, the last thing you want on your mind is whether or not your card will be declined when you offer to pay for dinner.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.