Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toyota Credit Card, #?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Toyota Credit Card, #?

Approved $1300, very low CL but since we have been declined everything lately I will take it and I'm being added as joint to the account.

Won't be able to do the BT I was hoping for but I'll just turn it into my every day card instead until the CL gets increased. 

Message 11 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Does anyone have this card? good limits?

Does anyone have a number to check status of an application? 

I recall someone  posting over the summer they went to purchase a vehicle at a Toyota dealership.  Two weeks later a Toyota credit card showed up in their mailbox that wasn't applied for.  

Message 12 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Last year someone posted they applied for a BMW car loan, and the dealer said you are pre-approved for a visa with 10k limit if you would like also.

I'll do it in reverse, hopefully having the credit card will get me approved for car later if I decide! lol

Anyone know if CLI can be requested every 6 months or every 3? 

Message 13 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Last year someone posted they applied for a BMW car loan, and the dealer said you are pre-approved for a visa with 10k limit if you would like also.

I'll do it in reverse, hopefully having the credit card will get me approved for car later if I decide! lol

There's not a concrete answer to that.  I received a CLI from AMEX just after two months.  Other banks wouldn't bother to do the same.  

Message 14 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I guess I was looking for the norm, like Macy's is 3 months for store card and 6 months for Visa Card. 

Message 15 of 19
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I think it works better the other way, i.e., get a Toyota Financial Auto Loan first and then get a CC, but a few months under your belt can't hurt if you decide to get an auto loan through them. 

I just looked on my Lexus Visa online account and if you request a CLI you pick from a dropdown box in $500 increments, up to $5,000 increase.  I've never asked so I don't know how often you can do it.

Message 16 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'll wait 6 for the first one probably and if they give me a nice one, I'm going to apply for a lexus card too!

I will charge my way to a Lexus GS460 Hybrid! LOL 

Message 17 of 19
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I'll wait 6 for the first one probably and if they give me a nice one, I'm going to apply for a lexus card too!

I will charge my way to a Lexus GS460 Hybrid! LOL 

Remember that Lexus points expire after five years, and you can only apply points up to a max of 10% of the car's final cost.  Charge often and fast !

I use points to pay for oil/filter changes at the Lexus dealer, so far no other maintenance costs have occured as the car is still under warranty.

Message 18 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I currently own a Scion, so I guess I could get maintenance done at dealership but I usually don't as they take longer and cost more.

and besides besides oil changes and regular stuff the only thing I have done to the car is put tires on it a couple times.

they just are such low maintenance cars! 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.