Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toyota Credit Card?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Toyota Credit Card?

Anyone applied for this card? it's backed by toyota financial which when it comes to cars will approve just about anyone, so wondering if the credit card would be the same way!
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Toyota Credit Card?

I applied for this and also for Lexus Card. Both were denied. These cards are handled by US Bank and looks like they need high scores, at least higher than what they want when they sell their cars.
Message 2 of 23
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Toyota also have tiers for their car loans, so I am guessing they want CC customers in their top couple of tiers.

I looked into this but I spend so little at Toyota that it was not worth it, and I can't put my car loan on it  Smiley Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 23
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:
I applied for this and also for Lexus Card. Both were denied.

What was the reason for your Lexus card denial if you don't mind me asking. Did you end up buying a Lexus? 

Here we go again...
Message 4 of 23
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:
I applied for this and also for Lexus Card. Both were denied.

What was the reason for your Lexus card denial if you don't mind me asking. Did you end up buying a Lexus? 

Too many new accounts and inquries. Common reasons for decline. I did not buy lexus. My wife bought one. I bought a Toyota and financed it through Toyota Motor Credit.

Message 5 of 23
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Toyota's card is through Toyota Financial Savings Bank, and Lexus' is through Lexus Financial Savings Bank.  I assume they are the same institution.  I don't think US Bank is involved with them any longer.

I applied on line last July and got the "we'll get back to you in 10 days message".  But the following week I got the card with a very nice $25,000 CL (790 FICO).  I wouldn't assume their standards for an unsecured credit card are the same as their standards for a secured car loan, especially in this environment.  I use the points to pay for oil changes and sundry charges at the Lexus dealer.

Message 6 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

update: it was approved for a very small $1300 CL but ill take it since everyone else has been denying, I have already been added as joint account to it with no credit pull.

Just received first bill and it looks just like my Usbank bills, then when I added the payee to my Chase checking account it says Toyota Financial - US BANK.  The statements says toyota savings bank but I wonder if that is underwritten by usbank.

Anyway find it interesting we just got denied by usbank but got approved for this card 

Message 7 of 23
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

update: it was approved for a very small $1300 CL but ill take it since everyone else has been denying, I have already been added as joint account to it with no credit pull.

Just received first bill and it looks just like my Usbank bills, then when I added the payee to my Chase checking account it says Toyota Financial - US BANK.  The statements says toyota savings bank but I wonder if that is underwritten by usbank.

Anyway find it interesting we just got denied by usbank but got approved for this card 

US Bank may manage the payment systems for Lexus/Toyota, but all paperwork and documents will always show Toyota or Lexus Financial Savings Bank.  You are dealing with Toyota which is why you may be approved by them and denied by US Bank.  Different underwriting standards.
Message 8 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

so if approved for Toyota, should I wait 3 months and then apply for Lexus!?
Message 9 of 23
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

They will only give you one card. I spoke with a customer care rep for my Toyota Rewards Visa and was told only one account per customer, whether it be Toyota or Lexus. I'm not too thrilled with this card anyway, especially seeing as how I no longer drive a Toyota. Is there a Honda rewards credit card?
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.