Super Contributor
longtimelurker

Toyota Reward Visa

I just received a pre-approval for this card, which is pretty unexciting.  5x points at Toyota dealership, 1 point per $ elsewhere, points can only be redeemed, at a 1c per point equivalent, at dealers.  Some strange earning caps, such as 200,000 per year for points at the dealer, 5,000 points per month maximum elsewhere.

But first time I have seen this for FTF: 0.8% for foreign purchases in US dollars, 3% for foreign purchases in foreign currency.

Do other cards have this split?   I thought most charged the same FTF whatever the currency, which burned people who got bad exchange rates from the vendor at time of purchase, and then got the 3% FTF anyway.

Senior Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest

Re: Toyota Reward Visa

BUMP

Established Contributor
CreditUnionFan

I was solicited for this card a couple of times. I think I was solicited on the first stateent, and then at about statement #8.

At the time I didn't accept because there's always the caveat that they will look at your credit report, and I knew there was a blemish on my report that wasn't bringing down my score, but would give reason to a credit analyst to turn me down.

They've solicited me again for the card. Of course, their promotional offer for a balance transfer is moot for me as I've already been paying down my debt.

Not sure what to do with it. I do use the dealer for oil changes because I don't want my warranty to be voided, but I'm hoping with it being a Toyota I shouldn't need much in the way of service.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Valued Contributor
tray

All I can say about this card it is a waste of time to apply I wish I had not and had investigated further on this card before I applied, much better cards out there, look for my thread, CreditAddict's threads about this card, this card acts more like a charge card, can't request a cli until after a year, must pay in full monthly if leaving a balance cli denial is sure to happen, random reporting not at closing date, customer reps never connect you to a credit analyst even when asked, very strange. For frequent Toyota car owners like myself it is a shame that Toyota Financial Bank does not have a better credit card.......

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Established Contributor
CreditUnionFan

Well, I'm thinking about this one again.

Yep, in this month's statement there was a flyer to apply for the Toyota Visa. It might not be horrible, since the car has 50k miles on it and parts might start breaking, needing replacement. I already know the tires and brakes will need repair soon. For all I know, they've monitored my credit file and noticed that the Firestone/CFNA card showed usage after being dormant for so long.

It's going on the calendar...  August may be a planned CLI/App-O-Rama: BWAHAHA

I was going to garden... Honest!
Super Contributor
Ron1

I got pre-approved for the card a few years ago and I got approved for $ 7800 a Platinum card. Recently, they upgraded my card to Visa Signature. The card is ok. It is good for servicing my Prius.

Ron.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}