Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toyota Visa CLI Denied

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Toyota Visa CLI Denied

I'm at 11 months of having the account and requested CLI.... it was denied because account was not 12 months old... What irritates me is they pulled credit.  I had called CSR last week and asked to speak to underwriting and was told that was not possible... well yesterday the letter comes and underwriting' number is listed so I called and I got a "nice" gentleman that seemed confused that he was an underwriter!

I said if your not going to even consider a CLI because the account is not 12 months, why in the world would you pull a hard... he just kept saying that was the process.... I was like so when I apply again in 25 days, I will now have 4 hard pulls from toyota because it will be my 3rd cli request.  He would not recode soft and would not look at credit to reconsider.

This account is about to go from my daily card to sock drawer!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Toyota Visa CLI Denied

Something similar happened to me with my macys card. Unless someone owes a lot or is frequently late I don't think it's necessary to do a hard pull.

Message 2 of 8
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

They have their computerized procedures, and it seems almost impossible to find a reasonably bright/willing representative to help in such cases. I think that these phone representatives are oftentimes completely detached from what is going on with your account, especially if you have a problem that they would have to research.

The good thing is that many of us have had this experience with different companies, not only the underwriter for the Toyota card. But then, it isn't really a piece of solace, is it? Stop putting more hard pulls on your reports! It'll harm you more than them!

Message 3 of 8
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

That stinks CreditAddict! I'm sorry to hear that. Smiley Sad

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me get this straight? You ask for a CLI 3 times in a 11 month period? Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Let me get this straight? You ask for a CLI 3 times in a 11 month period? Smiley Surprised

1 - credit pull to get the card

2 - cli request at 6 months

3 - credit line increase 25 days shy of 12 months... my bad!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

To open acct would be hard but after that

should  be soft inquiries.

You should call back door number.  The one listed

on this site is 888-676-3695.  It is recon # but I would

try it.

Good luck

Message 7 of 8
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1 - credit pull to get the card

2 - cli request at 6 months

3 - credit line increase 25 days shy of 12 months... my bad!

If you were declined at six months with a hard pull I would have thought you would have waited a full year before trying again.  I would not ask for another CLI in 25 days, wait six months or so before trying again.  Just my opinion.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.