Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking credit card app

tag
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Tracking credit card app

Does CCC's keep track of when someone app's for their card and have been denied, so if you app with them again they know if that person has app'd for the same card before?

12/13/09 - FICO EQ:616 TU:673

Message Edited by Gibran on 12-15-2009 02:38 PM

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Re: Tracking credit card app

I am sure they have internal computer programs that keep a file on everyone who applies for credit, some companies seem to have extremely long memories if you happen to burn them on a past card. If you are thinking about re-applying for a credit card called customer service, you might be able to get somebody who will answer your question before you waste a valuable inquiry.
Message 2 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

@Gibran wrote:

Does CCC's keep track of when someone app's for their card and have been denied, so if you app with them again they know if that person has app'd for the same card before?

12/13/09 - FICO EQ:616 TU:673

Message Edited by Gibran on 12-15-2009 02:38 PM

They do for no more than 90 days.  That gives you a chance to recon if declined, and them a chance to consider the application they already have.  But they will want a fresh credit report. 

Message 3 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I know when I tried for Cap 1 this past summer, I was denied.  Letter said because of past history.  (CO...PIF)  Cap 1 will drop off EX in summer 2010.

For me....they have a very long memory.  Smiley Mad

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 10
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Back in Oct I had app'd for a best buy MC, of course I was denied..I never got ym 30 day letter although I'm sure it was because I didn't have any revolving credit lines showing on my report. My last account was closed last year by the bank, since then I've gotten a CapOne, HSBC MC, Macy's, Zales (all in 10/09). All PIF every month. So I was thinking of app'ing for the Best Buy card again (I shop there on a regular basis). But I was wondering if I should hold off until sometime next year, I already 7 inq's on my report. Any thoughts?

12/13/09 - FICO EQ:616 TU:673

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
Message 5 of 10
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Gibran wrote:

Back in Oct I had app'd for a best buy MC, of course I was denied..I never got ym 30 day letter although I'm sure it was because I didn't have any revolving credit lines showing on my report. My last account was closed last year by the bank, since then I've gotten a CapOne, HSBC MC, Macy's, Zales (all in 10/09). All PIF every month. So I was thinking of app'ing for the Best Buy card again (I shop there on a regular basis). But I was wondering if I should hold off until sometime next year, I already 7 inq's on my report. Any thoughts?

I'd be sitting tight with what I had right now and letting it age a bit. You don't want to start wasting inquiries by getting turned down for "having too many inquiries."

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gibran wrote:

I would venture to say you would have a shot. I apped for Best Buy card in September. Turned down. I have 7 inquiries recent with a new credit one account and new HSBC MC account both less than 3 months old. My Eq is a 635 and I apped last week for Best Buy RZMC again and to my surprise approved for $300. So  new CC accounts, as many inquiries and only slightly higher score. But of course YMMV.
Message Edited by okstatefan5945 on 12-15-2009 03:58 PM
Message 7 of 10
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

That's probably what I'll do, just tight and raise my score. Thanks for everyone's input, this is a great forum, I have learned ALOT.

Message 8 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Gibran wrote:

That's probably what I'll do, just tight and raise my score. Thanks for everyone's input, this is a great forum, I have learned ALOT.

Patience can be the hardest thing to learn about credit.

7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

CC interest free as of 8/09
"Hello my name is Sandy and I'm a recovering crediholic".

Message 9 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Gibran wrote:

Patience can be the hardest thing to learn about credit.

7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

CC interest free as of 8/09
"Hello my name is Sandy and I'm a recovering crediholic".

oh my goodness, tell me about it!!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.