Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trans union

tag
Gerald56
New Contributor

Trans union

I just got off the phone with trans union because of a credit card that I applied for and was declined because trans union gave them a score of 508 when 2 weeks ago I bought my score and it was 605

lady on phone from trans unuion was telling me that the credit card company must have gotten my score from another company. 

Can any one explain this to me?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Trans union

They might have used their own version of Transunion or a card enhanced type score. Basically.. there are the three major credit reporting agencies that every one uses, but then each company has their own "version" of it that they use that takes your report and scores it a certain way.  Look at kkapdolee 's signature for a more detailed explanation or go to his post in this thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Difference-in-Scores/td-p/2384297/page/4 on page 4

Also right after is post is another good link posted by guiness56

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 4
Gerald56
New Contributor

i was in such a good mood this morning and that lady was so rude! she said my score was not 508 and i asked was it in the 600s she said i am not allowed to know my score unless i wanted to pay $7... what a joke!

Message 3 of 4
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@Gerald56 wrote:

i was in such a good mood this morning and that lady was so rude! she said my score was not 508 and i asked was it in the 600s she said i am not allowed to know my score unless i wanted to pay $7... what a joke!

I'm sorry to hear you had that experience. Actually, I am pretty sure that I've read that about several of the CRAs. They all want to sell you their product, but they are also rather impolite. I'm still guessing that the company you applied to used their own internal scoring system that is based on the TU report that they pull.

You could sign up for the freebies: credit karma, credit.com, quizzle and credit sesame to just get an idea of what is on your reports but those scores won't be accurate. Your best bet is to go to annualcreditreport.com and pull your free yearly reports to see what is on it. You won't get a score, but you'll at least see why your score is so low based on the negative items reporting on it. You can then come back here and find a wealth of information, support, and advice on clearing them up.

The scores you can purchase on this site are good ones, but again, they're true FICO scores, so they will differ from what lenders use, since they have certain proprietary formulas that they use to determine your credit risk with them.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.