Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction denied. Call CCC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transaction denied. Call CCC

Having a $12,000 CL and 0 balance with Cap1, I bought big HDTV. The transaction came  up "call CCC". The store does not have a back door number for Cap1. After 8 minutes holding up the register, a CSR informed me I had to give him my name, DOB, SS#, address, mothers maiden name and 3 digit # on back of the card. I later wrote the identity theft division stating my concerns that a dozen people in the store heard me recite all that info. Cap1 never replied to my letter. I cashed in my 35,000 reward points and now I use my Chase.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transaction denied. Call CCC

They most likely did this as a fraud prevention measure as the amount of purchase greatly exceeded your normal spending habits for one purchase. I don't know if it would have helped to call them ahead of time and tell them that you are going to Blank Store to buy an HDTV, and there by limit the security questions. I agree having to do this at the register can cause future fraud problems. Next time move as far away from the customers as posssible and talk as quietly as possible.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.