Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Bal?

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Transfer Bal?

i am thinking about transfering my capital one card to my freedom i have about $300 left any one think this is a good idea? or should i just pay it off. my last intrest charge was $8. my fee to transfer would be about $9. and then 0% APR. im looking to get rid of cap one soon anyways since i have AMEX chase and BoA

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Transfer Bal?

I would just PIF and close it if you don't want it anymore. I wouldn't BT that small of a balance.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would suggest just paying if off as soon as possible without transferring and then close it if you want.  Unless you are interested in a Venture or other prime Capitol One card in the future, there's really not much need to continue your relationship with them, now that you have cards from Amex, Boa, and Chase.  I would close Capitol One and focus on those three.

Message 3 of 6
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i would suggest just paying if off as soon as possible without transferring and then close it if you want.  Unless you are interested in a Venture or other prime Capitol One card in the future, there's really not much need to continue your relationship with them, now that you have cards from Amex, Boa, and Chase.  I would close Capitol One and focus on those three.

i plan on it i am just going to close it before dec before my next AF hits. 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 4 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@afbar1114 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just close it, don't BT, not worth it for such a small amount

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 6
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Pay it off and leave it open without using it. After the annual fee hits, call and ask to get it waived. If they will not, you can close the card at that point and you won't have to pay the annual fee as long as you haven't used it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.