Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer balances to Amex Everyday

tag
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Transfer balances to Amex Everyday

I am thinking about transferring my Discover it balance of 571$ and Wal-Mart balance of 817$ to My Amex Everyday card. I do not want to deal with the hassle of being financially reviewed so the question is will transferring these to my 7000$ limit Amex everyday for the promotional no interest for 21 months look bad to American Express?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transfer balances to Amex Everyday

no, that's why they offer the 0% BT period and promote their credit cards as having the flexibility to pay it off slow or fast. they do like PIF, but a BT is understandable.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received a 15K everyday card for the same purpose you described and the $1450 balance transfer went through seamlessly.  I even received a congratulatory letter confirming the transaction. My outstanding balance is just above the $1450 transfer that I made and I've made two payments since opening the card on 5/16.  I'm using the card everyday to get the $1K/10000 MR point bonus and the 20% additional points.  I like the card, even though I probably get better return using other cards but not while the 1K spend is in the works.  

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah my ED card is gonna hit the SD. i have a freedom and just obtained a sallie mae and a chase amazon so that covers food, groceries (some), gas (some) and amazon and whatever the 5% category is for freedom. those fhree cards will cover a ton and keep me busy until i PC my ED to either a BCP or BCE
Message 4 of 8
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
no, that's why they offer the 0% BT period and promote their credit cards as having the flexibility to pay it off slow or fast. they do like PIF, but a BT is understandable.

Eh just because they do doesn't mean you should. I personally would never do it myself and rather hold a balance elsewhere 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 5 of 8
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Shouldn't be a problem, make more than the minimum payment at least  2-3x minimum, if you continue to use the card, mak e sure you are paying more than you are spending each month or AMEX will get nervous and look to CLD you after 3-4 months. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Lol forget it anyways my BT promotional oppurtunity ended 5/30/15 so I guess my new Citi gets this BT...Sorry Amex

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even though you can pay over time. i would not sugest that amex is not kind to carrying balances(from what ive heard in the past)

i wouuld transfer to the discover they have some promos now 0% int for a year too

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.