cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer credit line in order to PC to CSR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transfer credit line in order to PC to CSR?

Good morning everyone!

I have two Chase cards.. The Chase Freedom ($1000) and Ritz ($10500). Would Chase be kind of enough to transfer my line of credit from Ritz and then PC to Chase Sapphire Reserve??

I know I would miss out on the bonus but don't mind really. Thank you all! 

7 REPLIES 7
SBR249
Established Contributor

Re: Transfer credit line in order to PC to CSR?

Are you trying to avoid the HP or hit to AAoA? Otherwise, you could maybe consider first apping for the CSR and the recon and offer to move CL?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im way over 5/24 so I don't believe it's an option 

Message 3 of 8
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good morning everyone!

I have two Chase cards.. The Chase Freedom ($1000) and Ritz ($10500). Would Chase be kind of enough to transfer my line of credit from Ritz and then PC to Chase Sapphire Reserve??

I know I would miss out on the bonus but don't mind really. Thank you all! 

Are you looking to keep your Ritz card, or close it out completely? If you're going to keep it, I belive the minimum limit on it is $1,500 so you could technically move $9,000 to your Freedom then PC to the CSR when the limit is $10,000. 

If you want to move the whole limit, Chase requires one full statement period of no activity, plus 30 more days, to move the entire limit. Otherwise you'll lose $500 when you close the Ritz card. 

Whatever option you choose, I wouldn't try to do it all at once. Wait until the limits have been updated (and accounts closed if you're moving everything) then get on the Secure Message Center and ask for your PC. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for responding Smiley Happy 

So I would much rather close my Ritz credit card due to having a $450 annual fee. But the min credit limit for it is $10000, which means I only have $500 over the min. it is possible to transfer enough credit limit to make my Freedom eligible for PC? Thanks again!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old are the freedom & Ritz? I'm trying to PC from preferred to reserved but was told by chase last night that generally a card needs to be a year old to PC - but then she checked & told me my CSP was only eligible to PC to regular sapphire. This makes me think that the only reason it didn't show was because the card in question doesn't have a $10k limit yet. Still trying to determine if this is the case.

In your case it doesn't matter if you only have $500 over the $10k min. You *should* be good to PC once the credit has transferred to the freedom provided it's at least $10k- but I'm no expert.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
How old are the freedom & Ritz? I'm trying to PC from preferred to reserved but was told by chase last night that generally a card needs to be a year old to PC - but then she checked & told me my CSP was only eligible to PC to regular sapphire. This makes me think that the only reason it didn't show was because the card in question doesn't have a $10k limit yet. Still trying to determine if this is the case.

In your case it doesn't matter if you only have $500 over the $10k min. You *should* be good to PC once the credit has transferred to the freedom provided it's at least $10k- but I'm no expert.

My Chase Freedom is almost two years old ($1000) and the Ritz Carlton is three months (10500). I have not called Chase yet, I was just wanted to know if anyone has experience with Chase

Message 7 of 8
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for responding Smiley Happy 

So I would much rather close my Ritz credit card due to having a $450 annual fee. But the min credit limit for it is $10000, which means I only have $500 over the min. it is possible to transfer enough credit limit to make my Freedom eligible for PC? Thanks again!

While the minimum starting limit for the Ritz card is $10,000, you can take that all the way down to $1,500 by reallocating the limits. Some of the cards that start at high limits like the Mariott can be taken down to $500 or $1,000 by reallocating the limits elsewhere. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.