cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Credit Limit Between Amex Cards

tag
KnightRider89

Transferring Credit Limit Between Amex Cards

I got my SPG Amex in October 2013, and then my Delta Amex in March 2014.  I wanted to move 19k of my SPG limit to my reserve card to allow me to meet the spent requirements.  I applied a few weeks ago online and got a rejection letter stating that my account wasn't open long enough.  I asked on chat today if I was eligible and was told yes, and was told that he'd move the limit.  Then right at the end the rep says I'll get a response in 7-10 days as it needs to be reviewed by the reallocation team since the card hasn't been open 13 months.

Is there any chance that Amex will move the limit before 13 months is up?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Transferring Credit Limit Between Amex Cards

@KnightRider89 wrote:

I got my SPG Amex in October 2013, and then my Delta Amex in March 2014.  I wanted to move 19k of my SPG limit to my reserve card to allow me to meet the spent requirements.  I applied a few weeks ago online and got a rejection letter stating that my account wasn't open long enough.  I asked on chat today if I was eligible and was told yes, and was told that he'd move the limit.  Then right at the end the rep says I'll get a response in 7-10 days as it needs to be reviewed by the reallocation team since the card hasn't been open 13 months.

Is there any chance that Amex will move the limit before 13 months is up?

13 months!

Message 2 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

13 months, no question about it.

Message 3 of 14
KnightRider89

Thanks. Not impressed with Amex at all.  Wasted 20 minutes on live chat confirming security details after he told me I was eligible for a limit reallocation and that he'd do it for me.  The rep shouldn't have bothered taking my details if there is no chance at all of it being approved.

Message 4 of 14
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Any chance of a CLI  on the delta?  Even if you took the 61 day CLI you should be near or past the 6mo mark on it if I'm doing the math right

Message 5 of 14
KnightRider89

Update:

I requested a reallocation on Nov 5th from the live chat rep and was told a decision takes 7-10 days.  What is going on.  My SPG Amex account was approved Oct 4 and I think opened on Oct 5th, so I waited 13 months.  My Delta card (the 'to' card) has been opened for 7+ months.

Any suggestions. 

Message 6 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@KnightRider89 wrote:

Update:

I requested a reallocation on Nov 5th from the live chat rep and was told a decision takes 7-10 days.  What is going on.  My SPG Amex account was approved Oct 4 and I think opened on Oct 5th, so I waited 13 months.  My Delta card (the 'to' card) has been opened for 7+ months.

Any suggestions. 

do it yourself online and if it's approved it's instant.

if it's declined just wait a month or so and try again... but do it yourself.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tired to transfer my delta to my spg cl too, they told me to wait 7-10 business day and no surprise I failed and the reps didnt even tell me the hard requirements which make me really upset..

Message 8 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I tired to transfer my delta to my spg cl too, they told me to wait 7-10 business day and no surprise I failed and the reps didnt even tell me the hard requirements which make me really upset..

Yeah that's one of the annoying things about talking to Amex reps.  Those beeps also drive me up the wall.  They seriously need to upgrade their call monitoring software.  They just punch everything into the computer and give you the standard response. 

Message 9 of 14
dabearsv2
Contributor

Does anyone have info on how to transfer CLs on the new Amex portal? It's different looking than all previous posts/blogs I've seen on the subject.

I went to "Profile" and checked all the sub-categories: Card Mgmt, Credit Mgmt, etc. but cannot seem to locate"Manage Credit Line". My BCP was opened 3/7/14 and I would like to transfer to my SPG Smiley Sad

Current Scores: TU 760, EX 718, EQ 726
Goal: 750 across the board!
My Wallet: CSP 23.8k, AMEX SPG 15k, AMEX BCP 12.9k, Barclay AAviator Red 10k, USBank Club Carlson 10k, BankAmericard Cash Rewards 10k, Citi Plat AA WEMC 7.9k, Chase Freedom 5k, Barclay AAviator Red v2 5k, Chase Hyatt 5k, Amex PRG
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.