Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Points Between Barclay Cards

tag
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Transferring Points Between Barclay Cards

Just got my sign up bonus for my ARRIVAL. At this point I'd like to transfer those points to my Sallie Mae and really let them accumulate over the year.

Does anyone know if it's possible to transfer points from card to card?

On another note, do they allow you to move CL's amongst accounts?Thinking about making my Sallie Mae a powerhouse CL and closing the arrival now that I've gotten the bonus. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

☮ & ❤
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Re: Transferring Points Between Barclay Cards

In my experience yes to both of your questions.  I must add however I was closing an account and they allowed me to move those unused point to the card I was going to keep open.  The first CSR I spoke with however said I'd have to cash them in or forfeight them, I did my CL transfer with him, and called back to ask about the points...that CSR had no problem moving them to the other account and closing one card. 

Edit: Moving CL will also reset the clock on getting a CLI, just so you're aware. 

As always YMMV, good luck!

Message 2 of 4
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Thanks! Trying via Secure Message first for the points transfer. If successful CL will be next. Hoping I don't have to call, those Barclay CSR's are like Drill Sergeants sometimes.

☮ & ❤
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good knowledge.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.