Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring UR Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transferring UR Points

Is it possible to transfer UR points to partners (Marriott, Delta, etc.) without having a CSP or Ink Plus card? I have the Freedom and would love to be able to transfer to Marriott.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Transferring UR Points

Sorry, no. Without CSP etc Freedoms UR points are strictly cash as far as redemptions. No transfers.
Message 2 of 9
TheConductor
Established Contributor

If you have any substantial number of points at all, it'll be well worth the CSP annual fee to be able to redeem those points at a much higher value.

When you do get the CSP, all of your Freedom UR points will become usable for partner transfers, so if you want to continue earning points on the Freedom now, and wait to apply for the CSP when you have a redemption planned, that's a viable strategy.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I've read about decent transfers before, but what do you suggest? What's your favorite partner to transfer to?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. I've read about decent transfers before, but what do you suggest? What's your favorite partner to transfer to?

You really should decide on which airline/hotel you transfer to based on where you fly/stay at because what is a good partner for one person is a complete waste to the next.

Message 5 of 9
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

If you have a spouse or domestic partner and if they have one of those cards (CSP, Ink) then Chase allows you to transfer your points to their account for free and they can then transfer those points to FF accounts.
Message 6 of 9
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Also agree to Irish80. Sometimes you might get no value out of the points transfer process unless you spend considerable time on it.
Message 7 of 9
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

5% per quarter is cool and all but I think i would prefer the Freedom as a straight 1.5% to 2% card everytime... all the time. Would be more valuable to me personally.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I fly out of SFO and United is often good for 2+cents per point, but it depends where you're going to and flying from.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.