cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring credit from Freedom to CSP.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transferring credit from Freedom to CSP.

@kr3st00 wrote:

I know the difference between SP and HP. 

He speficifcally said on the phone it would be a HP. That's why I declined and we couldn't go any further. 

CA wasn't talking about you.  He was referring to the CSR at Chase.

(Edit) I see the misunderstanding was already resolved.  Hope you were able to do the transfer.

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My buddy was just approved for a csp 5k today, shortly after approval he had his freedom limit transferred to csp making it 10k and it was not a HP.

When you transfer ALL of your CL from one product to the other, that effectively closes the account right?

I heard closing a card does not negatively effect AAoA?

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just transfers lol but 500 then close it works out betters hat way for some reason. My wife did it with her 2 sewerage Freedoms without any issues. She used to have oneVisa Freedom and one MC Freedom. 

Message 23 of 26
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

CSR's can and do vary with any company.  An HP isn't necessary to reallocate with Chase.  Try another CSR.

Message 24 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My buddy was just approved for a csp 5k today, shortly after approval he had his freedom limit transferred to csp making it 10k and it was not a HP.

When you transfer ALL of your CL from one product to the other, that effectively closes the account right?

your Average Age of Account does not change when you close an account because it still reports as a positive account for 10 years.

The only thing one has to worry about with closing an account is your overall utilization if you cause it to go up by having less CL but if you have no balances and/or are transferring the CL so you are not really lossing it, no effect.

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

your Average Age of Account does not change when you close an account because it still reports as a positive account for 10 years.

The only thing one has to worry about with closing an account is your overall utilization if you cause it to go up by having less CL but if you have no balances and/or are transferring the CL so you are not really lossing it, no effect.

ok so if I get my sister to add me as a Chase AU, move my freedom 3k to chase amazon, close freedom, apply for freedom
I should be good for both uti and AAoE right (AU backdate balances out the new Freedom?)

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.