cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transitioning into prime credit from thin but good Credit history need a third.

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: Transitioning into prime credit from thin but good Credit history need a third.

@Anonymous wrote:

@SwiftTone wrote:

Most companies do this. If you actually read the terms and conditions, it says you are apply for a Visa Signature which has a starting CL of $5000+, but for whatever reason you don't qualify for a CL $5000+, you will recieve like a platinum.

Interesting!  I learn something new here everyday.  I did not know this -- but then, so far, everything I've applied for I've received exactly what I applied for.  Actually, no--I take that back---when I applied for the Walmart card, they sent me the Discover Walmart card so, you are right---they sometimes do send you a different card. 

I work for a financial institution. We recently started offering credit cards underwritten by First National Bank of Omaha. We offer cards on the Discover, AMEX and VISA network. I was reading through the material and notice that customers can't actually apply for a VISA Signature card. What they do is they apply for the regular VISA, and if they qualify, they are automatically upgraded to the VISA Signature card. So this may be a similar case with your Walmart card

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 31 of 32
Iamien
Established Member

Re: Transitioning into prime credit from thin but good Credit history need a third.

Well I got my Amex Approval mailer, hopefully that means the card will be here soon.

Found out my Experian was 734 when Amex Pulled it.

733 TU (08/21/2013)
Amex BCE($20,000): 3% Groceries - 2% Gas - 2% Department Stores
US Bank Cash+($9,500): 5% Fast Food - 5% Cellphones - 2% Resteraunts
Chase Freedom($4000): 5% Rotating
CapOne QuickSilver($30,000): 1.5% Everything
Citi Double Cash($12,500): 2% Everything.
Lowes($2,400) 5% off Lowes.
Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.