Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Card Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Travel Card Help

Here's the verbiage if you try to combine

I certify that this card belongs to me or my spouse/domestic partner.

Message 21 of 30
Santi78342
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@WillTeasle wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can transfer points between b/f and g/f.  I've already done that.  Just put each other as AUs on each other's card and you won't have any problems. Very easy to do for domestic partners

Just as clarification, the terms specifically call out domestic partners (iirc), which varies slightly from the definition of BF/GF.  If you are living together I would suspect you'd have no problems at all.  If not living together, it's a little bit more iffy.

True, good point,  and that's why I added the line about domestic partner because I realized that it could cause problems if they couldn't east establish any ties between the two like a common address.  I would assume that if the OP and his g/f have a daughter together they would meet that definition

We do live together so we shouldn't have a problem there. All this is in regards to transferring points with the CSP, correct?

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Santi78342 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@WillTeasle wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can transfer points between b/f and g/f.  I've already done that.  Just put each other as AUs on each other's card and you won't have any problems. Very easy to do for domestic partners

Just as clarification, the terms specifically call out domestic partners (iirc), which varies slightly from the definition of BF/GF.  If you are living together I would suspect you'd have no problems at all.  If not living together, it's a little bit more iffy.

True, good point,  and that's why I added the line about domestic partner because I realized that it could cause problems if they couldn't east establish any ties between the two like a common address.  I would assume that if the OP and his g/f have a daughter together they would meet that definition

We do live together so we shouldn't have a problem there. All this is in regards to transferring points with the CSP, correct?

Yes, but includes any Chase card where you earn UR points

Message 23 of 30
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Would we be able to book a flight to Hawaii from MKE using just our CSP bonuses? Roughly 100k UR between the two of us. Also, does Chase report AUs? Meaning if we each got our own and added each other, would that result in two new trade lines on our reports?

Message 24 of 30
WillTeasle
Established Contributor

@Santi78342 wrote:

Would we be able to book a flight to Hawaii from MKE using just our CSP bonuses? Roughly 100k UR between the two of us. Also, does Chase report AUs? Meaning if we each got our own and added each other, would that result in two new trade lines on our reports?

What class for the airfare?

Chase does report AUs.  If you both sign up for CSPs, and add each other as AUs (which you should if they still have the 5k AU bonus), you will each have 2 new TLs.

Last HP: 01/10/19 | Latest Scores: EQ FICO8 - 850 | TU FICO8 - 850 | EX FICO8 - 850
Amex BC | Amex HHonors | Amex HHonors Aspire | Amex Marriott Business | Amex Platinum | BoA Alaska Airlines | CF | CFU | CSR | Chase Ink+ | Citi DC | Citi AA UP | Discover IT
Message 25 of 30
Santi78342
Established Contributor

@WillTeasle wrote:

@Santi78342 wrote:

What class for the airfare?

Chase does report AUs.  If you both sign up for CSPs, and add each other as AUs (which you should if they still have the 5k AU bonus), you will each have 2 new TLs.

We're fine with economy. Business would be nice though.

Message 26 of 30
WillTeasle
Established Contributor

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong (haven't really looked for award space to Hawaii), but I think Singapore (Star Alliance) can get you round-trip from the MKE to HNL for 35k miles per person in economy or 60k miles per person in business.

Any rewards junkies that confirm or refute that?

Last HP: 01/10/19 | Latest Scores: EQ FICO8 - 850 | TU FICO8 - 850 | EX FICO8 - 850
Amex BC | Amex HHonors | Amex HHonors Aspire | Amex Marriott Business | Amex Platinum | BoA Alaska Airlines | CF | CFU | CSR | Chase Ink+ | Citi DC | Citi AA UP | Discover IT
Message 27 of 30
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@WillTeasle wrote:

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong (haven't really looked for award space to Hawaii), but I think Singapore (Star Alliance) can get you round-trip from the MKE to HNL for 35k miles per person in economy or 60k miles per person in business.

Yeah that is correct last time i checked. I don't know how good availablity is. I think Korean Air still has 25k and 40k from anywhere in US to hawaiil 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 28 of 30
Santi78342
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@WillTeasle wrote:

Yeah that is correct last time i checked. I don't know how good availablity is. I think Korean Air still has 25k and 40k from anywhere in US to hawaiil 

Looks like it's 25k and 45k for Korean Air. Is their availability usually pretty good? How do I check availability?

By the way, thanks for everyone's help on this!

Message 29 of 30
WillTeasle
Established Contributor

@Santi78342 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@WillTeasle wrote:

Looks like it's 25k and 45k for Korean Air. Is their availability usually pretty good? How do I check availability?

By the way, thanks for everyone's help on this!

Korean redemption would likely happen through Delta which is notoriously difficult to use for saver level awards.  Though a quick search of their website does list Hawaiian airlines as a partner, so maybe that might work.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.