Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Credit Card

tag
Cisneros1337
Established Member

Travel Credit Card

Hey all! I have been using Myfico for my Equifax but pretty new to the forums. Currently 18 with 1 year of credit, Yes I am a Newbie. I read a lot of posts on the forum to help me understand more about credit. So far here is my lineup

BofA Secured ($300, Since 04/2013)

Kohls Charge ($500)

Capital One QuickSilverOne ($1000)(MC with $39/AF)

Capital One Journey ($500)

Amex TrueEarning($1000) (Just Opened)

Chase Freedom($4500)(Just Opened)

Macy Charge($1000)(Just Opened)

Alright so i know i shouldn't be opening Charge Card accounts, but i mainly got it for my mom. 

Ok So my question is 

At my age (18) Which travel card is best for me? I would like to travel internationally (Mainly) 

Currently in College Looking for a better job because of my low income (20K)

My APR is around 19.

I am currently Gardening until May 2015(1 year)

I PIF on all my cards.

Never carry balance (may have to do so in the future)

I was looking at AmexJetBlue mainly because of their AF of $40.

Thanks For the Help guys!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Travel Credit Card

I think there are better options for international travel than jetBlue card. BA Avios has a good signup offer but its issued by Chase and with the new Freedom it might be 6 months off.

With something like Barclaycard Arrival you can apply rewards as statement credit for travel related purchases. There is AF and non-AF versions of the card but I think those types of cards lack flexibility in how rewards can be redeemed.
Message 2 of 4
Cisneros1337
Established Member

Oh ok! Thanks for the reply. Ill look into BA Avios. So do you mean i need to wait until 6 months pass to apply for that? : )

Message 3 of 4
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

For a decent limit I would wait at least a few months. United Explorer is another popular one.

You may want to look into the Amex SPG if youre not just loyal to one airline. Points redemption is very flexible with airlines. I might go for it in January 2015 since airline specific cards are constantly being devalued.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.