cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveling to Greece, Best travel card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Traveling to Greece, Best travel card?

Citi Prestige I think would work well for you.

Message 11 of 20
jbsea
Established Contributor

If you decide to go Delta, I would do the Delta / PRG combo.... I think that would work well for you.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You were very helpful, thank you...Been doing some research since you mentioned everything that you did and its helping me narrow everything down, You are awesome
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jbsea wrote:

If you decide to go Delta, I would do the Delta / PRG combo.... I think that would work well for you.

Thought of that as well, I keep reading on both of the,...do you like both cards?

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings,

I just came back from a trip to Greece in Dec 2015.  I had a GREAT time...and I stayed over a month.  I wanted to use my AMEX BCP; but it has a foreign transaction fee that really sucked.  The card that was the most beneficial for me when I was in Greece by FAR...was the Chase Sapphire Preferred.  Just make sure you call them ahead of time and let them know you are traveling or they will shutdown your card.  They will ask for your start date and return date.  Any attempts outside those dates will cause RED flags to jump up everywhere.  After I returned I made a decent killing in rewards as I spent $3500 while I was there.  Make sure you visit the Temple of Apollo at Delphi when you visit; it is awesome!!!!  And of course the Acroplis of Athens, Parthenon, Plaka, and the Archegolical Museum of Greece just to name a few.  Have FUN!!!!!     Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 20
jbsea
Established Contributor

@karladicent wrote:

@jbsea wrote:

Thought of that as well, I keep reading on both of the,...do you like both cards?

This has been a great combo for me.  I just got the Delta for the sign up mile's and then I use PRG for almost all spend.  I'm going to Spain this summer and I'm able to go in just points.  But this is my favorite combo of cards.  I know a lot of people like the CSP / Freedom but I did not want to start using another point system.  I'm going to use Venture for hotel because I don't have to pick any certain hotel and I think I'm good.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

The wife and I did Santorini last year. Incredible time! I really hope you enjoy. I should have been here getting advice from the community before I went. I'm another fan of the CSP and think it will serve you well. Enjoy the wine and beautiful Oia sunsets.
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Greetings,

I just came back from a trip to Greece in Dec 2015.  I had a GREAT time...and I stayed over a month.  I wanted to use my AMEX BCP; but it has a foreign transaction fee that really sucked.  The card that was the most beneficial for me when I was in Greece by FAR...was the Chase Sapphire Preferred.  Just make sure you call them ahead of time and let them know you are traveling or they will shutdown your card.  They will ask for your start date and return date.  Any attempts outside those dates will cause RED flags to jump up everywhere.  After I returned I made a decent killing in rewards as I spent $3500 while I was there.  Make sure you visit the Temple of Apollo at Delphi when you visit; it is awesome!!!!  And of course the Acroplis of Athens, Parthenon, Plaka, and the Archegolical Museum of Greece just to name a few.  Have FUN!!!!!     Smiley Wink

OH MY GOODNESS you just made my entire day so much better...I want to go to athens of course and santorini...and thanks for letting me know how much you spent out there, now I have an idea on how much I would probably spend while I am out there...everything you suggested for me to see I just put on my list THANK YOU SO MUCH 

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The wife and I did Santorini last year. Incredible time! I really hope you enjoy. I should have been here getting advice from the community before I went. I'm another fan of the CSP and think it will serve you well. Enjoy the wine and beautiful Oia sunsets.

I absolutely can not wait to go super super excited...did you use a certain card to book your flight and hotel??

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jbsea wrote:

@karladicent wrote:

@jbsea wrote:

This has been a great combo for me.  I just got the Delta for the sign up mile's and then I use PRG for almost all spend.  I'm going to Spain this summer and I'm able to go in just points.  But this is my favorite combo of cards.  I know a lot of people like the CSP / Freedom but I did not want to start using another point system.  I'm going to use Venture for hotel because I don't have to pick any certain hotel and I think I'm good.

I actually really love the venture card I just hate that its not really a travel card but I think it is a great card to have...Thank you for you're advice, I definitely have my eyes on the combo cards that you suggessted

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.