Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelocity AMEX a gem of a card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!go for it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Travelocity AMEX a gem of a card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!go for it

I applied for a travelocity amex in nov...instant decline ..called recon approved for $1000 after a review.( this one is the one with AF $39)

Get my $7500 bonus points= $100

Kept using the card heavily and pay in full every month. Fast forward to JAN 2012 called for CLI told them $1000 was not enough for a trip that was coming up.

A very generous lady listened to me and asked me how much i wanted , i said $5k , came back with $4500....i was delighted , only 2 months of use and a CLI.

Love barclays.

My points were already at 12,000 by then and in march made some bookings for my trips to europe maldives and India all through travelocity flights + hotels 

charged around $8000 had to book seperately as limit was not enough for one transaction. Got 40,000 posted in 2 days !!!!!!!!!

and a 20,000 bonus points for spending $4000 on travelocity.

On top of that got a $50 coupon from travelocity and a price match as one of my flights was cheaper on orbitz. Used their price match guarentee policy.

All in all i have had this card for 6 months and i have almost 75000 points almost close to $1500 worth.

This is probably the best travel card available on earth i would say. I dont understand why its listed among the top travel cards. Who gives you 10% back on your travel??

and if it isnt the best price for any flight or hotel they will price match and give you $50 back. travelocity CSR was very efficient and fast issuing the refund for the price match and points post in a couple days after it gets charged unlike other cards where it can take a billing cycle or month sometimes.

I would say $39 annual fee is completely worth it.

I would like to know from other members their experiences or what flaws this card has and if i am missing something. so far this card has proved gold to me i wont lie.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: Travelocity AMEX a gem of a card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!go for it

If I traveled more I'd be all over this card as I use them for probably 75% of my flights.  I check Orbitz and a few others for price comparison but usually they're more-or-less the same.

Message 2 of 3
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Re: Travelocity AMEX a gem of a card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!go for it

This card sounds like an amazing offer.  I haven't apped for a card in 3 years, but this is tempting Smiley Happy  Does anybody know if there is a maximum amount of cards you can have with Barclays?  I already have two cards (Apple Visa and Carnival MC).  It would be nice to add their AMEX to the family as well with that kind of savings.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.