Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelocity Amex Approved!

tag
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Travelocity Amex Approved!

Barclays is good.  Give them a call tell your taking trip and they will likely up your limit.  Treat them right and they will do the same for you.

Message 11 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

Barclays is good.  Give them a call tell your taking trip and they will likely up your limit.  Treat them right and they will do the same for you.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 18
WRodPSL
Valued Member

@mikka1Wow, that's terrible,  I don't have any experience with flights through Travelocity and I'll probably just use them for hotels/cruises anyway. 

Message 13 of 18
WRodPSL
Valued Member

Thanks everyone. I'll call them Monday and give it a try. I'll update with the results.

@cabronsaim wrote:

@WRodPSL wrote:

I needed a definite TU puller so I decided to app for the Barclays Travelocity Amex. Planning a couple vacations this year and this has decent points. I was instantly approved online for $2500, giving me my highest limit by $500! I want to take advantage of the BT bonus points and use this reason to ask for a cli. Has anyone had success getting a cli after instant approval with Barclays? Most of the threads I read are denial recons. I don't want to push my luck either though, they did just give me my highest limit after all. On a side note...FINALLY time to axe my First Premier!

What's ur current credit score/profile look like?

My TU jumped from 669 to 770 last week after I got my last collection removed. No other baddies, 20% Uti, Aaoa 4 years, 1 INQ, last account opened over 3 years ago.

Message 14 of 18
WRodPSL
Valued Member

Update: Called Barclays and explained I wanted to do a BT to take advantage of the bonus points but also had a vacation I was planning to charge, the rep put me on hold after a few questions about profession, income, assets, etc.... she came back and raised my initial CL from 2500 to 4500! Keep in mind my highest limit card is at 2k. I'll definitely be treating Barclays right.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Travelocity approval.   This is actually my card of choice.  Point redemption is extremely easy and they are good with the auto increase at the 6 month mark!

Message 16 of 18
WRodPSL
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the Travelocity approval.   This is actually my card of choice.  Point redemption is extremely easy and they are good with the auto increase at the 6 month mark!

Thanks. Can you only redeem at checkout on Travelocity or can you redeem for a statement credit on anything?

Message 17 of 18
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@WRodPSL wrote:

Update: Called Barclays and explained I wanted to do a BT to take advantage of the bonus points but also had a vacation I was planning to charge, the rep put me on hold after a few questions about profession, income, assets, etc.... she came back and raised my initial CL from 2500 to 4500! Keep in mind my highest limit card is at 2k. I'll definitely be treating Barclays right.

Congrats on the successful recon!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.