Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelocity Amex - Barclays

tag
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Travelocity Amex - Barclays

I just recently got the Chase Freedom - $3000 limit at 15.99%.  I have FICO's in the 690's, LOTS of new accounts, 10% util.  I have had a freedom in the past, a current mortgage with Chase, and a car loan with Chase from '05 to '08.  Those may have been contributing factors.

You can certainly try though!

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also what was cl and did u ask for a cli right away with trav amex? Thx
Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that makes sense car loan and house note would help i believe!
Message 23 of 26
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

No, I didn't ask for the credit line, nor did I chance a CLI.  He reviewed my credit file, asked a few questions, joked a bit about buying a house himself, and said he was going to start me off with $4,500 and that I can ask for a CLI in 6 months if I would like more.

I was so shocked and grateful I just said thank you like five times and wished him good luck in buying his house.  He was very nice.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here can't believe i got that card with that cl either. Geeezz i've had these sub prime cards for a while to rebuild my credit and finally a month ago I got amex zinc my first first prime card now this one, every greatful for all tintouch! Stay intouch... My wish list as follows amex charge! Done Amex cc! Done citi bank! Next Discover! 2nd Continental mastercard by chase 3rd And last b of a visa 4th that will be be in my wallet hopefully! Want to really get donwith sub prime cards slowly so i don't ding my credit!
Message 25 of 26
Xarquinn
New Contributor

I was just declined for the Priceline Visa for the reasons listed below.  BK7 Discharged in April 2010, TU = 661, currently have the following:

First Premier ($700 CL)

Hooters ($300)

Kay ($2000)

Credit One ($200)

2nd First Premier ($600) - this was a dumb move.  I was just approved last week with a $150 fee

Cut from my rejection letter:

We regret that we're unable to approve you for a credit card account due to the following reason(s):

Barclays Bank Delaware uses a credit scoring system to process applications. This system assigns a numerical value to the various items of information we consider when evaluating an application. These numerical values are based upon the results of analyses of repayment histories of large numbers of customers.

Based on the information you provided in your application, you did not score enough points when compared with other applicants. The primary reasons you did not score enough points are listed below:

• Low available credit on existing credit card(s)
    • Insufficient credit history
    • Recently opened account
Starting Score: Low 500's (BK Ch7 Discharged 3/2010) Back in with almost all of the creditors that I burned.
Current Scores: 760 - 800 (BK dropped off Nov 2019)
Alliant CU Visa 10k; Merrick Bank 0.4k (keeping for age); Lowes 25k; Target MC 13k; Capital One 8k; PayPal 10k; Total Rewards (Comenity) 25k; Amex BCP 38k; Discover 28k; PenFed 15k, Chase Amazon 20k; FNBO 28k; Citibank 30k; BlockFi 15k; X1 33k. Local Credit Union HELCO: 97k. Utilization around 30% incl HELCO
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.