Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelocity Amex-Barclays

tag
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Travelocity Amex-Barclays

I've been on the fence with this one for awhile now, and  decided to pull the trigger yesterday.  It was Sunday, and i got the 10 day message of needing further review.  I already have a Juni Visa with a 10k line, for almost 2 years now.  I feel the history is there, scores are good, AAoA is 5 yrs, utilization is <3%, and HHI of 126k.  The only drawback is a med collection still on TU from 2005.  I can understand the system not giving me an immediate approval probably due to that item. This morning i got an alert from Scorewatch that the inquiry had been made to my TU report.  Ok, no problem, its in the process.  I hate waiting around worrying if i'll be approved or denied.

I also thought that no one in the credit department works on Sunday, or because of the Thanksgiving holiday.  What would you guys suggest?  I've tried to see if anything has been processed through the application status link, but nothing yet, tells me to wait.  I know we've seen these scenarios all the time on here, but i'm a nervous wreck over this!! 

Should i call the credit analyst backdoor number at 866-408-4064, or wait?  BTW, any time i've asked for my Juni line to be raised, they have never had a problem with that collection item, so should i just recon if i am denied??  I don't want to appear anxious, but we all hate to play the waiting game.

Thanks much guys/gals

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Travelocity Amex-Barclays

No one likes waiting, we are all like little kids waiting for the ice cream truck. Smiley Very Happy

IMO you can call and see if you are approved or not and if denied while you have them on the phone try a recon. I think since you already took the hit no reason not to attempt a recon, gives you some one to speak with and plead your case if nothing else.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 4
dchrist475
New Contributor

I would use the HIPAA process to get the Medical collection removed.

TU is very good at removeing them with only the pre-HIPAA letter sent. It took me only 15 days to have it removed.

FYI, this woks on paid collections as well. Good luck on your app!

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: EQ 661
Goal Score: 720

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KIPPIE12 wrote:

I've been on the fence with this one for awhile now, and  decided to pull the trigger yesterday.  It was Sunday, and i got the 10 day message of needing further review.  I already have a Juni Visa with a 10k line, for almost 2 years now.  I feel the history is there, scores are good, AAoA is 5 yrs, utilization is <3%, and HHI of 126k.  The only drawback is a med collection still on TU from 2005.  I can understand the system not giving me an immediate approval probably due to that item. This morning i got an alert from Scorewatch that the inquiry had been made to my TU report.  Ok, no problem, its in the process.  I hate waiting around worrying if i'll be approved or denied.

I also thought that no one in the credit department works on Sunday, or because of the Thanksgiving holiday.  What would you guys suggest?  I've tried to see if anything has been processed through the application status link, but nothing yet, tells me to wait.  I know we've seen these scenarios all the time on here, but i'm a nervous wreck over this!! 

Should i call the credit analyst backdoor number at 866-408-4064, or wait?  BTW, any time i've asked for my Juni line to be raised, they have never had a problem with that collection item, so should i just recon if i am denied??  I don't want to appear anxious, but we all hate to play the waiting game.

Thanks much guys/gals

I was reading this post and wondered to myself what came about this story... Judging by your siggy it looks like you had some serious success! Care to share your story if you can remember that far back??? Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.