Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tribute Gold MasterCard Program shutting down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tribute Gold MasterCard Program shutting down

I just got a notice in the mail from Tribute that they are closing the Tribute Gold MasterCard Program.

They will be closing my account next month, giving me a new account number, but new account closed to transactions. 

I've seen other posts on here saying Imagine/Tribute was shutting down, didn't know if that was a CC line or the whole company.

Has anyone else received a notice? Perfect payment history with them and no lates on my credit report. 

Message 1 of 72
71 REPLIES 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tribute Gold MasterCard Program shutting down

Got my notice today as well. Though in my case it said they were shutting "your" card down, implying it was just me, so I'm really glad you posted.

I've had a no-annual-fee card from them. While the interest rate's horrific, it was nice having it as an option if I needed it.

Forgot to mention: I used their secure messaging center and asked them to close my account and mark it closed by consumer. 

Message Edited by Skiffy on 09-08-2009 08:04 PM
Message 2 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got one today too.  Funny...they just switched me from the Imagine card just 2 weeks ago.  Stick a fork in them...they're done!  Woo hoo!  Just as cream always rises...crap always sinks to the bottom!  Now...just the case of paying off this stupid thing and not getting tripped up with little fees here and there as Bank of Delaware is  famous for.  

Skiffy -  How did they respond to your written request?  Or is it too soon to know?  I'd call them but their customer service sounds like like you're talking to someone from India with marbles in their mouths. 

Message 3 of 72
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, I have a Tribute Mastercard as well I have not recieved a letter yet, but are they actually closing this card out entirely, because the 1st thread stating a new account number will be given, so I am kind of confused now.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 72
gamblerx15
New Contributor

A few months ago I received a new card with a new number, they just transfered my balance to the new card.

last month they gave me a 200 cli increase, have not received my closure notice yet, I would like to keep the

card even though its monthly fee is a bit crazy at least until the end of the year giving me 3 years of positive

history on it. but if they close it I guess I will have an extra $11.00 a month Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 649
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 72
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi gamblerx15, I just read your thread so you have not recieved a notice either, I emailed Tribute about this subject but I have not recieved an email back yet.  Also you had mentioned you are still getting cli's and on your 3rd year.  Well I have only had this card since May of 08, and only at $600.00 never been late, but at least to see this company still gives out cli's even beyond $600.00.  I guess we will have to see what happens to which I am suprised as with all the fees Tribute wants monthly and yearly, and they are going under very confusing to me.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tribute has been shutting down slowly for over 6 months.  I have this card and I have never, ever been late & got increases.  One day I got this letter saying they were closing my card.  I was furious because of my great payment history.  I got a customer service rep on the phone and she basically told me don't bother fighting it and it will not show adversly on my CRA.  It doesn't.  I astill pay it every month and I will soon just pay it off completly after I hit the two year mark.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Message 7 of 72
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

I am also with Tribute. I started with the $300 CL and am now up to $1350. It seems if you almost max it out and then PIF (every 3rd mth) they will give you a CLI. I really hope they dont shut it down. It has been a very good rebuilding account for me and hate to loose it. I am looking for a new "prime" card to xfer the ballance too now.

Message 8 of 72
tanbat501
Established Member

Well I just called customer service and they have a recorded message saying that the card program is being shut down and that the decision effects all card holders regardless of credit history. I held on to speak to a rep who told me that if I had a balance that I would still be charged an account maintenance fee because "every month you receive an invoice." Oh well it was a good run while it lasted...
Message 9 of 72
oneboss302
Regular Contributor

That is interesting. It is marked as a "closed" account on my CRA's!!!!!!!!!!!! I was wondering why it is like that even though my card is still valid and can make purchases! **bleep** THEM!!!!!!!!!  LOL.   What # did you call that you got that message?
Message 10 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.