Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tribute Mastercard

tag
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Re: Tribute Mastercard

Ive had my Tribute for 2 years... I actually really like it. I started with 300 but have a 1050 CL now.. Im calling and asking for a CLI this week so we will see how they treat. I never stressed off the fee's as I alwyas thought it was a small price to pay for rebuilding.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 11 of 18
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi Jesedmotherof5, can i ask you are you still paying an annual fee after having this card for two years have you ever ask to have it removed since you had the card for two years now, also the credit limit you have now was it given to you by tribute and you have not yet called yourself for any CL increases.

Thank you any information will be helpful.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 12 of 18
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Well they have a 6.50 acount maintance fee whihc is what I think people dont like. My AF was 25 and it was automatically waived. i have never asked for a CLI but i hvae always carried a large balance till just this month. I didnt know UTI was so important. As of friday I have a zero balnce so thats why I was going to ask. It was my first subprime and they have treated me well so I wont close until I have alot of prime cards to balnce out the history.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

well i had an applied bank card and they are bad with fees also.  after you get up over 1000 they charge you six dollars a month.  This is how they repay you for being good customer.  thank God i don't have to use them any longer.  They are a help in rebuilding though.Smiley Tongue
Message 14 of 18
annah
Contributor

We have 2 tribute cards- I have one and dh has one.

MY card doesn't have very many fees involved- I think it's about a $50 annual. I opened this card 18 months ago, 6 months post bk. They gave me a 1k credit line to start. Major problem with it being, I missed 1 payment, last july. They bumped me immediately to a 29% apr.  I did just get a cli up to $1500 last month- over a year before my first cli.

Dh's card is terrible. Well, I'm upset over it anyway. I also missed a payment on his card last year. His account was opened at a 300 limit. He got a cli at 6 months to $680. His card has an annual fee of $80, and a maintence fee of $6, 17% apr.

Well, big oops- but his payment was late last month by about 3 days. I was a bit occupied- I was in the hospital having a baby- and missed getting the payment scheduled on time. We just got notice that his maintenence fee has been raised to $10 because of the late payment. OUCH! I understand that we did have 2 late payments only 10 months apart, but holy cow, that seems harsh. $200 a year for a $680 cl? Don't think so.

Needless to say, we'll be canceling dhs card. My card I still have open even with the 29%, since the card is in my sock drawer anyway.
Message 15 of 18
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

After I post such nice things about them THIS>>> i posted this on the wrong BB and dint know how to move so now Im posting it to your thread so you can update my previous comments.

Okay so I was just postimg on someones thread that tribute has treated me well... huh to day after makeing my last payment to bring my account to zero balance yesterday I get a letter today saying that they have ammended my account agreement 1) minimum payment due and 2) increased account maintance fee 10.00 because I have been late 1 time in the last 12 months... (it was 1 day late and I paid a late fee) wasnt that punishment enough? it also says if I decline my account will be closed. I have had this account for TWO YEARS  they were the first to have granted me credit and they will be the first to be closed. I am soooo mad right now. I just used the card today too so now I have to wait for the pending to post!

ugg I just looked to I pad my AF 100 on 9/07!
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would use and abuse them.  Try to get an Orchard or Juniper or even Cap 1. then dump 'em.  But let them serve their purpose. They really do suck.
Message 17 of 18
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

I got my Tribute card 8/2006 starting limit 300.00, maybe 3-4 months increased to 350.00, then 450.00, 750.00 and havent gotten another one. NEVER over limit or late. Hoping 2 yr mark they give me another increase. They also reduced my annual fee from 150.00 to 100.00. Interest rate is 9.9%. If they would waive my annual fee i would be ok with them, Smiley MadBut i did notice on my account via their website online payments will be 4.95!!!!! wow, just to pay a bill. May start mailing mine in.

Oh and 1 more thing... They do not take customer initiated cli!!!!!!

Message Edited by Kris1228 on 06-02-2008 09:38 PM
FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.